::39::

"What the fuck is your problem?" Sapnap asks as soon as Dream enters the room.

"Woah, hello to you too," Dream says jokingly, not quite understanding his best friend's rude tone.

"Where were you?" Sapnap asks, gaze pointed. He's now sitting up in his bed, leading Dream to believe he's about to be interrogated. Great, he thinks.

"The library, where else would I be on a Tuesday afternoon?" Dream asks.

"I don't know, hanging out with your boyfriend maybe," Sapnap rolls his eyes. Dream stays silent, after all, he's probably right. "You know, yesterday he called me bawling his eyes out over you."

This has Dream's interest piqued. "What? Why was he crying?"

"Because you're an asshole, that's why," Sapnap says, putting it bluntly.

"What do you mean?" Dream asks, kicking his shoes off and lying in bed.

"I mean," Sapnap says matter-of-factly. "George thinks you're losing feelings for him."

"Why would he think that?" Dream asks, and Sapnap only gives him a disappointed look. Dream thinks to himself, realizing that he really hasn't put in any effort since George has been back. "Oh."

"Yeah, 'oh' is right. Now are you just going to sit on your ass or do something about it? Why have you been so distant recently anyway?" Sapnap asks. It's clear that he isn't trying to be rude, but he's obviously trying to get information out of Dream.

Dream thinks to himself. He wonders, why has he been distant recently? "I don't know."

"Come on," Sapnap rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

"Fine, I guess I'm scared," Dream says quietly. Sapnap looks at him with an expression that urges him to continue. "I'm scared that he's changed and won't want to be with me anymore. Maybe that's why I've distanced myself. I'd rather be the one to leave before he does. Sapnap, I don't know what I'd do if he decides he doesn't want to be with me anymore. It's scary to be with him, and now that he's better I worry that I'm not good enough for him."

Sapnap's eyes widen as if this wasn't what he was expecting—which, to be fair, it probably wasn't. "I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you're an idiot."

"Wha-" Dream cuts himself off. He wasn't expecting Sapnap to be so straightforward, though he figures he deserves it.

"I mean come on, you lied to him about where you were yesterday, you acted all shady at lunch and even skipped! Why did you think that was a good idea?" Sapnap says, obviously frustrated with having to help Dream fix his relationship.

"I don't know!" Dream groans in frustration. "I just feel like he'll end up leaving and it's tearing me up inside. I thought that maybe if I put some space in between us he'll realize how much he loves me."

"Dream, say that one more time but slowly," Sapnap deadpans, giving him an obvious look of disappointment. "George is in love with you. Hell, he may love you more than you love him! So why don't you think he'll want to be with you anymore? I mean come on, you've had three months of space, I'm sure all he wants is to be with you. You're hurting him just so you don't get hurt, and it's clearly not even working! You're both getting hurt!"

"I guess I didn't think of it that way," Dream mumbles, disappointed in himself for thinking George wouldn't like him anymore now that he's back. "I'm still scared I won't be good enough."

"I mean, is anybody really 'good enough' for someone else? Really, we all just try our best and hope that's enough. Most of the time it is! Believe me, you're good enough for George. Don't sell yourself short, when you're not being a cold asshole you're actually a damn good boyfriend. I've seen it—as much as it annoys me," Sapnap says, a complete look of honesty on his face that makes Dream smile.