::32::

tw// mention of drug abuse/addiction

Dream has decided to leave a day early.

He hadn't intended to—really, he wanted to go back Tuesday—but his parents decided that they would come up early to pick him up. They chose this because the rest of the week there is supposed to a nasty tropical storm that'll most definitely bother them on their journey.

Dream is at his family house in Miami late Monday night, scrolling through Twitter, when he gets a call.

"Hello?" Dream picks up without even reading the name.

"Dream," the voice says, and he recognizes it as George's, but he sounds different. He sounds frantic and rushed, the blonde doesn't know what's going on.

"George? What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asks, praying nothing has happened to his boyfriend.

"No I- Dream, something happened," George says frantically, and there's a sound of piercing air by him that shows how he is outside in the cold.

"What happened? George, you're scaring me," Dream says, now sitting up in bed out of fear and anticipation of what George will say.

"I- I was drugged. I don't feel well, somebody- they made me inject heroin and I don't know what to do," George says, some of his words slurred and unfocused. "I feel sick, Dream, help."

"George I- um, I'm at home, in Miami," Dream says, worrying and panicking now.

"What?" George says, surprise and panic in his voice. "I thought you weren't leaving until tomorrow. Fuck, I have to go- I can't breathe. It hurts."

"It's going to be okay," Dream tries to comfort him before the brunette hangs up. He doesn't know, though. He's never dealt with heroin, or any drug for that matter.

"I think- I think they did something to it. The people that drugged me just left, they fucking left me like this and laughed. I think there was something in it," George says, and he pauses. Dream hears coughing and struggling in his voice.

"Call the police, George, tell them where you are. Get help, please," Dream says, feeling terrified for his boyfriend's safety.

He knows what George meant when he said the people put something in the drugs. He thinks there was something deadly laced in them, but couldn't outright say that to Dream. Dream figures the Brit would know better than him, so now he just worries even more. He may not know much about drugs, but it's not a secret how dangerous heroin is, especially if laced with something.

"I- Dream I love you, I'm sorry," George says, and there's beeping on the other end of the call.

"George?" No answer. "George? George! Shit!"

Dream paces around frantically for the next few minutes. He's tempted to call the police too, but he doesn't even know where George is. He's terrified, to say the least, and fears for George's life.

He also feels terrible for him. Dream knows how excited George was about staying clean, and how proud he is of himself, and he's sure George is very disappointed in himself right now.

Dream finds himself to be hopeless right now, and all he can seem to do is cry. He cries and cries, hoping his boyfriend makes it out alright.

—————

The next few days are absolute hell. Dream can't reach George, and he's attempted to call nearly every hospital in the Orlando area, each time receiving no information about George.

It's not like Dream has contact with George's family, either.

Then, Dream comes to a realization. Fundy is also staying at campus for break, not wanting to go back to the Netherlands. Dream doesn't know why, but he does remember it being mentioned a few times. He knows him and George aren't close, but it's definitely worth a shot.