::29::

tw// mention of addiction

Dream had realized a little too late that maybe he had been avoiding George.

It hits him when the brunette is running away in fear that maybe he had made a mistake. No, he had definitely made a mistake.

He should've said to George something that wasn't along the lines of accusatory or disbelief. He should've comforted him. No, he just had to go and fuck things up even more.

Dream sighs and can't find the courage to follow George. Not yet, at least. He's angry when nobody else decides to follow him. Instead, he walks angrily up to Aidan and grabs him by the collar.

"What the fuck was that about?" Dream asks through gritted teeth. By now, luckily the group is engaged in their own conversations to be listening to Dream's.

"Just thought you guys should know about your little boy toy's problem," Aidan shrugs. "Pathetic, right?"

"George isn't pathetic," Dream says, grip tightening on the shirt in his hand. He lifts his hand up slightly and watches Aidan begin to struggle.

"Put me down," Aidan says.

"Why the fuck would I do that?" Dream grits out. "You've done far too much harm to George for me to sit back and let you go. You hurt him, physically and emotionally, and I'm not letting you get away with that."

With that, Dream throws the first punch. And the second, and the third. At some point, the group's attention had been brought to the two of them. Fundy shrieks first, then Dream hears the others yelling. Some are encouraging, Sapnap and Alex, and some are worrying, Wilbur and Bad.

Aidan finally hits back, and he hits hard. If that's the full force he had used on George, it's no wonder he got nasty bruises.

They exchange more punches, and Dream tastes salty blood on his tongue. He's in pain, but he knows this is nothing in comparison to what George felt. He'll take this, as long as he can deal more, as long as he can get revenge for the man he loves.

Eventually, the two of them are held back. Aidan by a few onlookers, and Dream by Wilbur. Dream fights back, hoping to get out of Wilbur's grasp and back to punching Aidan, but he eventually stops struggling.

His whole body is in pain, and the two of them leave before any faculty can find them. Sapnap drags Dream back to their dorm room, listening to Wilbur's rant about how stupid that was as he follows the two boys. If only he knew what Aidan did to George.

"What got into you, man?" Sapnap asks when they're alone in their room.

"Nothing," Dream mumbles, holding up ice to his bruised lip. Luckily that's the only part of his face, besides on his eyebrow, that Dream got hurt.

"Dude," Sapnap raises an eyebrow, crossing his arms. He looks angry, Dream thinks.

"He hurt George! You think I'd let him get away with it?" Dream yells in frustration. Sapnap sighs.

"You did the right thing, but you could've gone about it better," Sapnap expresses his disapproval, but he seems proud of his friend nonetheless.

"I know," Dream says, wincing in pain as he reapplies medicine to his lip.

"Anyway, are we not going to talk about what he said about George?" Sapnap says.

"What do you want me to say?" Dream asks.

"I don't know," Sapnap shrugs. "You should go to him. He looked pretty upset."

"What about you?" Dream asks, knowing his friend still isn't fully recovered from Karl's absence.