::26::

tw// mentions of abuse & addiction

George has a pretty good idea why his stomach has been hurting.

He doesn't know for sure, but he believes his nausea and restlessness are effects of his drug withdrawal.

For almost a week now he's been trying to stop taking the hardcore drugs he had become so dependent on. Of course he still drinks, as he likes the way it makes him feel, but George has been trying to cut out the rest of them—besides maybe weed, he's not too sure about that one yet.

This is why he couldn't tell Dream. He's decided that he'll tell the blonde when he's ready; tell him about his past, everything. Not now though. He's already dealt with George's sickness for days, he doesn't need anything else. Not to even mention the suspicions he has about Aidan.

George doesn't want Dream to care about him. He'd rather deal with his problems and emotions himself. That's where the two of them are so different, why they don't work out very well. Dream is too caring in George's eyes, which the brunette does appreciate, but feels as if he can't accept.

It's just an overall difficult situation.

George has been able to avoid Aidan all week, but it's Friday now, and he wants to go to the frat party all of his friends are attending. Dream has constantly been telling him no, but George craves release from his problems. It's not like Aidan will do anything in front of all those people. Besides, his stomach feels perfect again.

"I said no."

"Come on!" George complains to the blonde, sitting in Dream's dorm room. Dream had been telling him not to go back to his own dorm, which makes George wonder if maybe he had talked to Aidan and knows something he doesn't. Regardless, ignorance is bliss, and George is staying with him again.

"You don't think I haven't figured out what Aidan did to you?" Dream says, voice harsh. George shuts his mouth, knowing that Dream has definitely seen through his excuses and lies. "Why would I take you to a party with him there?"

"I want to go, I need to get drunk Dream," George complains, knowing how pathetic he sounds. It's true, though, he'd been holding back for so long that he doesn't know what will happen if he doesn't.

"Why do you need to-" Dream furrows his brows and sighs. "The answer is no, sorry."

"You can't tell me what I can and can't do," George crosses his arms, putting his shoes on. If Dream doesn't go to the party with him, he'll go alone.

"George," Dream says, voice almost like a warning as the brunette puts on his jacket and walks to the door.

"I'm going, and I'll be fine," George says.

"George," Dream says, rubbing his temples.

"What? I won't let him touch me, I promise! He won't even see me," George says.

"I don't know," Dream still seems a little apprehensive.

"I'll be with you, Sapnap, Wilbur, Karl, or anyone else in our friend group at all times," George says.

"How can you be so sure that you'll be fine?" Dream asks, obviously concerned for the boy. George doesn't want him to be. It's not his problem.

"I know how to take care of myself," George says, but the look he gets from Dream tells him otherwise. "Come on, I'm going anyway. Do you want to come with me or not?"

Dream sighs. "Fine, just give me a few minutes to change then we can stop by your room."

George beams, grateful that Dream is willing to go with him. "Thank you," he smiles.