::28::

tw// brief mention of addiction

It's Tuesday now.

George paces around his room while having an internal battle with himself.

Does he tell Sapnap about Karl's departure? Does he keep quiet out of respect for Karl's wishes?

George finds himself screaming in frustration as he waits for the text from Karl that tells him he's ready. Luckily the walls in his new dorm building are very thick, so nobody has to hear his loud frustration. He figures if Dream were here to calm him down, he'd make some jokes about the people not hearing something else, but George doesn't want to let himself think about that right now. Besides, Dream isn't here, because he doesn't know about it either.

George really wonders if Karl will leave without telling them. Only time will tell.

"Sorry I'm late," George says, strolling into Karl's dorm room nearly fifteen minutes late. It's not entirely truthful, he's not sorry he's late. In fact, he was hoping he'd be late, hoping this alone time would prompt Karl to have some sort of awakening and change his mind.

It didn't. In fact, Karl just looks angry. "Are you trying to sabotage me or something?" George doesn't answer. Yes. "Let's just leave."

And so they do just that. George helps Karl with his bags, though with his strength—or lack thereof—he's not much of a help. Regardless, Karl seems appreciative of the minuscule help, and perhaps just the moral support.

"Have you told anyone?" George asks while they walk to the airport, Karl's steps just a little more frantic than his own.

"I told most of my friends. Alex knows, he's pissed. Not much he can do though, being out of town for the day. Skeppy and Bad tried to convince me to stay. I told a few others, but it's not many," Karl shrugs, pulling his suitcases along the rocky concrete path.

"What about Dream? Sapnap?" George asks.

"Haven't told them yet," Karl smiles sadly. "I don't think I will, not until I'm in Paris, or maybe I'll tell them on the plane. I don't know."

"Karl, come on," George pleads, but it's weak in his eyes. "You need to tell them. Hell, just tell Sapnap at least! Can't you tell that man is in love with you?"

"Don't you think I already know that?" Karl snaps, voice very irritated. He recoils with a sigh and shake of his head. "Sorry, I'm just frustrated."

"I can tell," George mutters. "Seriously though, if it's anyone that deserves a proper goodbye, it's him. Haven't you put him through enough? I don't mean to sound like a complete asshole, but he deserves to know that you're leaving, possibly forever."

"It's not forever..." Karl mumbles. His point isn't very convincing.

"You don't know that!" George snaps, not in an angry or annoyed way. "Please, Karl, don't leave him without another word. I can tell you love him too, and it hurts to see you leaving."

"It doesn't matter if I love him, I'm leaving," Karl says, speeding his steps up slightly. George almost struggles to catch up. His body has been weak lately due to withdrawal, so he has to force himself not to crumble right then and there.

"You're afraid," George says, and Karl turns to look at him with furrowed brows. "You're scared of what you and Sapnap could have if you stay. You're scared of what will happen when you leave. You don't want a relationship filled with uncertainty and minimal trust. You're afraid, Karl."

"Don't say that," Karl says, and his tone is enough to let George know that he's correct.

"You're afraid, and rightfully so. Hell, you're moving across the world! But why? Why are you leaving, Karl?" George asks, question prompting Karl to look more uncertain than before.