::7::

tw// mention of domestic violence & addiction

After the door closed firmly, Aidan's already angry expression turned to something much worse.

He's mad, really mad, and George can tell. So he backs up.

"First you ignore all of my messages, then you spend all fucking day with him?" Aidan yells, perhaps loud enough for his neighbors to hear. He hopes it isn't that loud though.

"I didn't see your messages, we got carried away painting—"

"So carried away that you decided to watch TV together and act like a- a fucking couple?" Aidan snaps, hitting the wall beside him. "What the hell were you thinking? You've been hanging around Dream too much, it's like he's your boyfriend and not me!"

"I'm sorry I—"

"You're not fucking sorry. If you were sorry you'd break things off with him," Aidan says.

"He's my friend though, I- I can't. We're partners for the art exhibit, it's impossible to just ignore him," George says, shaking his head.

Aidan shrugs. "Maybe you should've considered how I felt before getting all buddy buddy with your dumb classmate. Have you even seen the way he looks at you? Are you blind, George, or just fucking stupid?"

George feels tears pricking at his eyes but he doesn't dare close them, knowing the second his eyelashes touch, the tears will slide down his face. "No, Aidan, people can be friends without wanting to get in each other's pants! You have all of these friends but the second I make any you act like it's the end of the world! Don't think I haven't seen the way you act around people. I see the way you glance at cute girls or the way you disappear at parties. I'm not stupid!"

Aidan's expression hardens even more as he slowly approaches George, the brunette trying to stand his ground. "Don't you dare accuse me of cheating when you're in here doing God-knows-what with Dream!"

"I didn't fucking do anything!" George yells in frustration, unable to hold the tears any longer. "You always make all of these assumptions and never listen to me. It's the same at parties. You're always trying to force me to smoke or drink with you, and I can't fucking take it Aidan! It's exhausting!"

"I don't force you to do anything, but maybe if you weren't such a fucking coward you would let loose and have fun at the parties I invite you to. It's embarrassing to have a boyfriend like you, one that doesn't even share the same interests as me."

"So you're saying we should break up?" George asks, tears rolling down his eyes. He doesn't want the only person that shows even a sliver of interest in him to leave.

"No, George, that's not what I'm saying," Aidan says quietly.

"Then what are you saying? Because it sounds an awful lot like you don't want me anymore," George says, and the feeling of being unwanted and abandoned scares him more than anything.

"That's not what I want, I- we just need space right now," Aidan says. "I don't want to break up, but we both obviously need to take a day to calm down."

George doesn't know what to say, so he only nods. He tries to wipe the tears from his face, his strong composure crumbling with every new one that forms.

"Can we talk tomorrow babe?" Aidan asks, expression softening.

"Yeah, sure," George sighs, watching as Aidan leaves the room, not bothering to give him a hug or kiss before he leaves. The door slams shut and George is once again left alone with his thoughts.

He looks to the painting on the easel and forces himself to smile remembering Dream. Dream always seems to bring out the best in George, even though he may not like him. The brunette feels as if Dream doesn't consider him a friend; after all, he's seen the cold glances and whispers coming from him. Still, the Brit feels so safe and comfortable with him. It feels like he can finally be himself.