::27::

Dream and George have been walking home in complete silence.

George thinks Dream has been taking him in circles, but he hasn't been paying attention enough to ask about it...

That's exactly what Dream's been doing. He can tell the brunette needs fresh air and a quiet walk, so the two have just been walking around aimlessly.

"My room?" Dream asks, to which George nods.

They walk in even more silence, though Dream now has an idea of where he's going. He's going to the smoothie shop, and he's glad he brought his wallet with him. He takes George inside and the two get smoothies to go. Dream can tell the Brit's mood has been lightened a bit.

"So why was Wilbur so insistent on me taking you home?" Dream asks out of the blue, the two of them sitting on a bench outside while drinking. It's peaceful and quiet out, as most people are attending Friday night parties somewhere.

"He uh, saw me when I wasn't in the best place and figured I needed to leave," George says nervously, not knowing what else to explain the situation as that doesn't give anything away. "I'm sorry you had to leave, you can just take me to your room and go back to the party."

"No, no it's okay," Dream dismisses with a smile. "I was getting pretty tired of the loud party anyway. So, tell me more about what happened."

"Well, I saw Aidan," George says, looking away from the blonde, who is definitely angry after hearing that.

"You what?" Dream asks, concerned for George after hearing that he saw Aidan. "Did you talk?"

"Yeah, I dumped him," George says with a slight smile. He's obviously leaving some information out that Dream doesn't quite understand.

"Is that..." Dream trails off, looking at George's wrist. He notices a dark red mark nearly all the way around it, clearly being from someone that grabbed his wrist harshly.

"Don't worry about it," George chuckles nervously.

Dream ignores him and gently reaches for his wrist, holding it with such delicacy that warms both of their hearts. He hates seeing George in pain, hates knowing who did this but having no proof. He hates that he's let George get hurt for so long without even realizing.

"He did this to you?" Dream says, George doesn't look at him or say anything. "George! You promised me you wouldn't let him touch you."

"I- I'm sorry," George says, seeming ashamed of himself. Dream drops that wrist lightly and instead puts his arm around the brunette as a form of comfort, smoothie in his other hand.

"Don't apologize, just- please tell me if anything happens. You're hiding so much that I just don't know what's going on anymore! I want to help you but I don't even know what to help with. You have to talk to me, please," Dream pleads, desperately trying to reach George with his words. "I care about you so much, and that's not going away anytime soon, so please let me help you. Please, George."

George keeps silent for a moment, and Dream wonders if he's even going to talk before he hears a slight sniffle from beside him. Looking over, he sees George crying almost silently. His voice comes out raspy in his next words. "God Dream, you don't understand how much those words mean to me. I'm so sorry I can't tell you what's going on. I'm trying- I really am, but it's hard. It's hard to open up when all people have ever done after listening was leave me."

"I would never leave you," Dream whispers, looking at George while the brunette stares ahead of him, eyes glossy with tears.

"I know," George whispers back, letting his head fall onto Dream's shoulder. "I don't ever want to leave you either. It's hard, though, to open up, and I understand if you can't be with me because of that. I just want to be with you, and whether that be as friends or as something more, I'll take it."