::9::

The day after the party is spent with Dream freaking out over what to do about last night.

On one hand, he wants to tell George the truth; to tell him everything he saw at the party. On the other hand, he'd rather watch everything play out from the sidelines.

So, he settles on a middle ground, and not by choice.

Dream is walking around campus with two bags of takeout in his hands, one for him and one for Sapnap. This is until he sees Aidan, also walking alone. Not knowing what to do, Dream does as any human being would: panic.

Why did Dream approach Aidan? Who knows, but it happens anyway.

One second he's walking along Main Street with Chipotle in his hands, the next he's white-knuckled, clutching the bags as he stands in front of Aidan.

"Dream," Aidan says, sounding indifferent. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I know what you did," Dream says, eyes narrow.

"Please, Dream, elaborate," Aidan says, but it's obvious he already knows.

"I saw you at the party with some girl, cheating on George," Dream replies.

Aidan laughs, sounding almost like a taunt. Something that makes Dream look like the fool, somehow. "That's it? Well, I guess there's no denying it."

Dream stares at him in disbelief. Is that it? "Is this a game to you?"

"Why do you care?" Aidan retorts.

"You're playing with George's feelings," Dream frowns, angry at Aidan while also slowly losing his patience.

"I suppose you'd know that feeling very well," Aidan says with a smirk. "So Dream, why are you here? What do you want from me? Surely you're familiar with cheating."

"You're going to tell George, or I will," Dream says quietly, his gaze burning holes into Aidan. "And you don't want me to tell him."

"Why should I do that?" Aidan asks, crossing his arms.

"Because he deserves to know," Dream says. "And you don't deserve him; you're an asshole."

Aidan starts to laugh again. "It was just a suspicion before, but now I'm sure."

Dream cocks an eyebrow in confusion. "The hell are you talking about?"

"Well, at first I just thought that maybe you were infatuated with my boyfriend. I mean, who wouldn't be? He's great, unattainable even. For you, that is, and for everyone else," Aidan says, smile on his face. "But now I realize that you like him a little more than I thought."

"Don't fucking assume anything about me," Dream says, creasing the paper bags in his hands.

Aidan looks down at the bags and smiles. "Well I'll let you go off to whatever you were doing before."

"Tell him today," Dream cuts Aidan off. "Or I will."

With that, Dream walks away, and Aidan is left standing alone.

Dream doesn't know exactly what to do. He only hopes Aidan confesses to cheating, because telling George is the last thing he'd want to do. He also considers Aidan's words, much confusion ringing through his mind. He had mentioned Dream liking George, but that's impossible, right? Surely Dream doesn't actually like George. This must be a way for Aidan to get into his head, to screw with Dream. To make him unsure of himself.

Dream tries to ignore his thoughts—which only seem to be chasing after him—and instead heads straight to his dorm room. Inside, Sapnap is already on his bed, but there's someone else with him.