Honeymoon -5- Part 13

Meanwhile back home, Ino and Sai were out shopping together at the grocery store to get what they needed for the week. He had been staying with her, and kind of moving himself in since Kakashi personally told Ino that after their return from their honeymoon, the place was gonna be all hers. He hadn't told Sakura yet, but he paid a years worth of her rent so Ino could take her time finding another roommate, even though Sai was the one planning to move-in in the first place. 

"Could you go get me some-"

"Hey." She's interrupted and turns to see....Sasuke. They stare at each other for some uncomfortable seconds, making Sai want to run out of there. He sighs and decides to get himself out of their tense air for a moment.

"I'll umm...go get us some milk..." and leaves them alone.

Not expecting to run into him, she says, "You suddenly shop at this grocery store?" Holding onto his basket in one hand, he picks it up to show her.

"I'm just picking up a few things for her. They have better selections here. She hasn't been feeling too good."

"Hmph." she says, still not all that happy to be in the same space as him. She continues picking out her vegetables, ignoring him a bit until he says,

"Did you....see the pictures Sakura sent us?" She shifts her eyes to the side for a second.

"Yes, of course I did. Why wouldn't I?" It silent for another minute.

"Listen...I'm...I didn't mean to say those things to you. I don't know what came over me. I guess....the things I was hearing you say to Yukino pissed me off."

"Hmph." she says at first, then thinks about how she wants to respond. "I wouldn't say anything unless I really felt strongly about it. You know that. But anyways...what's wrong with her?"

"She has a fever. 2nd day in a row."

"Hmph. Not surprised. After all the things she takes...."

"What's your problem???" he lashes out at her. "What has she ever done to you to make you talk shit so easily??"

"Is it really shit, Sasuke?!! I'm not as naive our dear Sakura....I could see she's dragging you in, and you know it!! You think right at this moment I can't see the bags around your eyes, the weight you've lost. I'm not stupid!" The area around them is silenced having such an intense reply. He hated hearing her say that so bluntly. Like she knew everything that was going on between them. Recently...since Sakura had left on her honeymoon, he'd been partying with her more often, popping almost every time they were out and about at the different clubs she introduced him to. He was starting to feel the side effects more and more every time the next morning would come. Feeling a bit confused at work sometimes, not being as hungry anymore, and always feeling more tired than usual. It was his intention to slow down, but....he never refused her...it was hard to refuse. She looked so happy doing it....the sex was...off the charts unbelievably satisfying each and every time. It was getting hard to say no. But...he knew what they were doing was dangerous.

"Fuck you....you don't know what you're talking about. I don't know why I even tried to make up with you. I'm leaving."

"You know I'm right Sasuke. She's no good." He turns his back and starts walking away. "And you look like shit today by the way!" she yells across the store. He flips her off and quickly gets the last of his ingredients, and heads for the checkout. 'What the hell is her problem. She doesn't even care to get to know her, and right away just judges her. Was she always this way? Ugh...I wish I didn't bring her to the wedding and just kept her to myself. But....Sakura....Sakura accepted her. She didn't do that. She's always...been that way. I miss her....I really should-' 

"That will be 15.75 please." The cashier says, pausing his thoughts. He passes him a $20 and stays in his zoned out phase, walking all the way back to Yukino's place.