28 . More Oh, Wows

As Dunc and I cuddled on the bed afterwards, I said, "We should go back. Stop at SaveOn on our way."

"Huh? Why?"

"Need a few additional things for dinner. Remember, I had offered to cook for you tonight."

"You could cook here. Spend the night here. Leave thoughts and fears of Garth behind."

"Oh, God, I'd love that. Relax here, then home to change in the morning on our way to the meeting."

"That was my thought."

"Do we need to shop? Or have you some things I can put together?"

"I've a large selection in the freezer."

"Like what?"

"Beef tenderloin, venison chops, duck breasts, jumbo scallops, halibut steaks, and so on." He shrugged. "Lots of choice."

"Wow! I didn't realise frozen dinners had gone so fancy."

He chuckled. "Then, you'll be surprised by what you find. Come, let me piggyfront you to the shower."

As he carried me, I revelled in the sensations of his pubes against my clit and of Buddy moving within me in time with Dunc's springy steps. The scene over his shoulder – the bed receding, the huge room with sloped sides and skylights – finally came into mental focus. Of course, the third floor, the attic. After a delightfully long walk, he stopped, lifted me to unplug, set me down and pointed to the variety of nozzles in the sloped ceiling. "Your choice, Gigi; rain head, adjustable pulsations or regular."

"Oh, wow!" I examined the space – the triangular window at this end identical to the one by the bed. "No walls. One vast, open space. Appears you've committed to living alone."

He nodded. "I had – until I met you. I can have walls built to make you more comfortable here."

"Why? I like this. The openness was one of the reasons I chose my place. And the view. But here, you have both of those utterly trumped."

"Maybe enclose only the toilet, then."

I looked around, searching with no success. "Where is it?"

He pointed. "Behind the sink. The other side of that stub wall."

"Perfectly fine to me." I grabbed Buddy as a leash. "Come. Show me how these showers work. I'm excited to see the rest of the house."

A while later, as Dunc led me down to the next level, he said, "I do nothing with this one now, only the main floor and the attic. I had originally used a bedroom and bathroom here until the renovations had been completed up there."

"When was that?"

"Five years ago."

"Same as when I bought."

He squeezed my hand. "You own that? I thought you were renting."

"It's partly strata ownership. Mostly investors who put them in the central rental pool."

"Oh, and a great investment. I had just begun investigating buying some of them when this came onto the market."

Some of them? Hmmm! Not only a sex god but a wealthy one. "Yeah, mine's nearly doubled in value."

"Buddy's stirring again, Gigi. We're finding more layers of you to love. Not only brilliant and drop-dead gorgeous but also an astute businesswoman."

I chuckled as he led me down to the main floor. "I love how you see me."

"And I love how it all makes sense, now. So confusing earlier."

As he guided me along a hallway, he said, "This floor is also broken up into rooms, as was the Victorian and Edwardian fashion. And with the walls being structural, it would be too complex to open up. Besides, there's an Old World charm to them, and fortunately, their preference was for a huge kitchen. With the pantry, ours fills the entire back end of the house and looks out onto our gardens."