21. Of Connections

I grabbed Duncan's hands to stop him from pulling the hoodie over my head. "Fuck!"

He chuckled. "That's my intention."

"Shhh!" I led him out of the bedroom. "He could be watching us. Listening to us."

"What? Who? What's going on?"

"My former roommate." I pressed a hand to the top of my head to suppress my urge to scream. "He installed the security system."

"Aha! A novice – a misguided one."

"No, he's very high-tech savvy. A computer whiz, programmer and game developer."

"Oh!"

I pointed into the bathroom as we passed it. "That now makes sense. Motion detectors in there."

"Why would he have left all the cams when he moved out? This type is exp...'" He slapped his forehead. "Of course. To continue watching you."

"Beyond that."

"How so?"

"I kicked him out when I caught him producing a porn video with two fake-boobed bimbos."

"So, you should have suspected the webcams."

"No, this was on the couch in the living room with two cameramen."

"Oh, my! Heavy into it."

"Yeah."

Back downstairs, I checked the ceiling in the dining nook and kitchen, then in the living room as we entered. "Only one cam in here. I should have suspected."

Duncan pointed up and back toward the bedroom, "He'd now have no way to access these unless he left a server or router here."

I nodded to the corner. "He had left two things plugged in under the desk, and –"

"Let's unplug those." Duncan strode across the room.

"I already did and added them to his pile."

"His pile?"

"All his stuff. I had the police supervise him as he gathered his belongings and stacked them by the door."

"Police?" Duncan returned and wrapped me in a tight hug.

"I had called 9-1-1 and reported domestic violence."

He eased the embrace. "Oh, God! Did he hurt you bad? Where?"

"Emotionally only." I winced. "Insulted, demeaned and humiliated me in front of the cameramen and porn stars."

"Do the police consider that violence?"

"Very much so. It's number one on their list."

"Great! Emotional damage can last far longer than many physical injuries."

"Yeah. So, with no thingies plugged in, he has no access to the cams."

"Have you wifi in here?"

I nodded. "Yeah, everywhere and even out across the lawns. Fuck! He still has the password."

"Change it."

I rushed across the room to the desk, opened my computer and logged in, then I stood staring at the screen. "How do I change it? I've never done that."

"Hmmm! The recommendation is to change it every two or three months. Let me see."

I stepped aside to allow Duncan access. "First, we open Finder, then we select the Applications tab over here and the Utilities folder here. Next, launch the Keychain Access utility and highlight System here and Passwords here, then scroll down to your router and double-click."

A window popped up, and he continued, "Next, tick the Show Password box. Voila! It now wants you to enter your username and password – the ones you use to access this computer."

Duncan stepped aside and turned his back while I entered GiannaG and What2Use?. "Oh! It says I don't have access."

"Enter them again; you may have mistyped."

I did, receiving the same message. "I'm still refused. Fuck, of course! He installed the new router. A stronger one to give us access while out sunning."

"Where is it?"

I shrugged. "Likely where the Telus guy installed the old one – upstairs behind the flatscreen in my yoga room. He said the higher, the better."

"Show me. It needs to be unplugged and disconnected from the modem."

After Duncan had done that, he said, "Now, see if you can access the net."

Back downstairs at my computer, I shook my head. "Nope. Getting the no internet message."

"Great!" He gently pulled my shoulder to turn me. "Now, where were we?"

Our mouths met and explored, leaving me trembling again when we finally parted. Then as he led me toward the stairs, I noticed he was limping. "Hurt your leg?"

He chuckled. "No, Buddy's acting like a splint, making walking awkward."

I unbuckled Duncan's belt, unzipped his trousers and pulled them down, watching Buddy pop to the limit of the boxer's cloth. "We'll have to find you something better than these to handle the ups and downs. There are jockeys with double pouches, one for your balls and one for your bat. Garth folded his –" Fuck! TMI, Gigi.

"Garth? Who's he?"

"Someone I saw for a while." I shrugged. "Hung like you. He folded his over double and stuffed it into the pouch. When he was aroused, it just bulged. Contained, but a huge bulge."

As Duncan stepped out of his trousers, I pulled down his boxers, Buddy slapping me under my chin as he sprung free. "But his erection is a downie, not an uppie like this, so that might not work for you."

When we reached the bedroom, he unbuttoned his shirt, took it off and tossed it onto a chair while I examined Buddy. "Oh, how formal – standing to rigid attention with a hat on his head. Awesome foreskin."

"Love your imagery, Gianna." He lifted my hoodie over my head, uninterrupted this time, and I looked up at the webcams, wondering.

"Is there any way he could access those?"

"He who? Those what?"

I chuckled. "Love your economy of words. I was looking at the webcams, still a bit concerned."

"No router means no wifi means no internet means no access." He peeled my jeans down and eased them off my feet. Then he rose and stared at me as I unstuck my panties, pulled them down and stepped out of them.

We stood admiring each other in silence for a while, then a wide grin spread across his face. "May I fuck you, Gianna?"

I giggled. "Love your politeness. Yes, you may. But let's take it through a more usual progression, so you learn from the beginning. Foreplay is fundamental to good sex, designed to whet the appetite and – oh, fuck the lecture." I grabbed Buddy and led his master to the bed. "Just stuff me, Duncan. We can fine-tune later."

<><><>

Points to consider in this chapter:

How would you feel if it had been your privacy that Garth had invaded?

I've written Gigi with a matter-of-fact approach to body parts and sex to show her aromanticism and emotional detachment. Does this work?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please click the star to let me and Wattpad know.