𝟷.𝟸𝟼

First Date
-EJ-
-Many Weeks Earlier-

I rub my sweaty palms against my jeans. I pick my phone up. 8:49. I let out a big sigh that I didn't know I was holding in. I look at the front door of Thalia's house. It feels like it's been hours, so I pick my phone up again. 8:50. Just ten more minutes.

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

It's been two days since Thalia's birthday. Two days since we kissed. Two days since we became a couple. And now today is our first date. Thalia insisted on me picking her up at 9. So I agreed. She also insisted that we go to Greek Islands for dinner. But anything she insisted was fine with me because I was just so happy to be at this place right now, with her. She loves me and I love her. I pick up my phone. 8:59. It's almost 9.

You've got this, EJ.

I turn on the radio. Then one of Thalia's favorite songs come on. Style by Taylor Swift. Then, an image of Thalia, dancing and singing along in my car to this song, flashes in my head. I smile softly and then I see that it's 9:00. My eyes widen. I look to the door and see Thalia walk through it. My hands start sweating a lot more than they were. I wipe them on my jeans and then open my car door.

I walk up to her and then I see how beautiful she looks. She's wearing a light blue dress. I don't know what kind it is, but it sure looks good on her. I look up at her face and she's smiling at me.

"Hey," I let out softly.

"Hey," She grins. She then pulls me into a hug. "Don't be a stranger."

"Oh, okay then," I chuckle and then pull away just a bit so I can then place a gentle kiss on her lips.

She smiles into the kiss. Once we separate I ask, "You ready to go?" She replies with a nod. I walk to the car and open the door for her.

"Well, thank you, kind sir!" She grins in a british accent.

"You're welcome, m'lady!" I laugh with her, doing the same accent as her.

I then walk around to the other side of the car and get in. I start up the car and Thalia hears Style, since it's toward the end of the song. She then begins belting the song, "You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye! And I got that red lip classic thing that you like!"

"And when we go crashing down, we come back every time!" I join her and she grins widely at me. "'Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style!"

She softly laughs once the song is over. I then pull out of her driveway and then start heading to Greek Islands.

Once we get there and go in, I walk up to the hostess and say, "Two for Caswell."

"Oh, yes! Right this way!" She grins.

I take Thalia's hand in mine as the woman leads us to the table. Once we get there, I pull out Thalia's chair and she sits down.

"Wow, you're such a gentleman," She chuckles.

"Only for you," I whisper to her and kiss her cheek. I then go to the other end of the table and sit down at my chair as she picks up a menu. I look at how she concentrates on the menu and reads it.

"Okay, we definitely have to get Calamari and Saganaki," She states and looks up at me.

"As you wish," I grin. I then pick up my menu and look at the food. "Are the gyros good here?"

She then starts laughing.

"What?" He asks.

"Did you just say jyro?" She asks, not able to wipe the smile off of her face.

"Yeah?" I nod.

"It's pronounced geero," She states and rolls her 'r' as she slowly pronounces it for me.

"I've been saying it wrong this whole time?" I gape at her.

She nods with a small laugh.

"I think I'm gonna get pastichio," She tells me. "What about you?"

"I'm gonna get the gyros," I reply, pronouncing it correctly this time.

"Is it because it's the only thing you know how to pronounce?" She asks with a soft chuckle.

"Maybe," I laugh and so does she.

"Okay then," She nods.

And then the waitress comes up to us.

"Hello! What can I get for you guys today?" She greets.

"Can we get an order of Saganaki and Calamari?" I ask, trying my best to say it like how Thalia said. "And for our meals, I'd like gyros and she'd like pastichio."

"Okay, you got it!" She smiles at us, after scribbling our order on her notes. She then walks off.

"How'd I do?" I ask with a goofy grin plastered on my face.

"You did good, EJ," She smiles. I then reach my hand across the table and take her hand in mine. I look up at her face, smiling at me. I really love this girl.

"I love you too," She chuckles.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows at her.

"You said 'I really love this girl,'" She states. "Well, I love you too."