𝟷.𝟾

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧

I wake up with a pounding headache. I sit up and rub my temples. I then realize I'm not in my room.

Crap!

I'm wearing clothes, so that's a good sign. I look around the room and then I immediately know where I am.

I'm in the room of EJ Caswell.

A door swings open and I see EJ with a towel around his waist.

"You're awake," He smiles.

"Um, yeah... What happened last night?" I ask falling back on his bed, my head colliding roughly with his pillow.

"You really wanna know?" He asks with a chuckle.

"Yes, I do," I reply.

"Ok, just give me a minute. Let me put on some clothes," He laughs and then walks in his closet. A couple minutes later he comes out and sits next to me on his bed.

///

Thalia, Alaina, EJ, and Kaden walk into Sarah's house. The sound of loud music hits their ears and the smell of alcohol and sweat hits their noses and the hormones are in the air. Since this was a Valentine's day party, everyone was in red or pink and the house was decorated with many hearts.

Kaden and Alaina immediately wandered off together, leaving Thalia and EJ together. So the two of them venture into the house and find a room where there aren't that many people, but still a few. They sit on a couch.

"So, Thalia, what's up?" EJ asks placing his hand on her knee.

"Um, nothing really," Thalia replies, picking up her ohh one to check her notifications. Once she doesn't see anything, she signs and places it back on the couch.

"Hey," EJ whispers placing his hand on her face. He turns her head towards him to look in his eyes. "What's wrong? You've been checking your phone a lot."

"Nothing, it's just- My parents," She sighs, but then she scoffs. "Why do I even do this to myself. They always disappoint me, year after year. I mean I wasn't expecting them to come see me just for valentine's day, but y'know it's not hard to send a text. Not even a 'Happy Valentine's Day!' or 'How are you?'" She sighs and then shoves her face in her hands.

EJ pulls her into a big bear hug. He whispers into her ear, "Hey, hey. It's ok. Thalia, if they couldn't even care to at least know how you're doing, then they don't deserve you. Ok, you are amazing."

"Thank you, EJ," She whispers.

This is what she needed. Someone to be there for her just like EJ was.

"Hey, I'm gonna go grab something for us to drink," He tells her, standing up.

///

And this is when everything came back to me.

///

Thalia nods and looks around the room. That's when a really pretty girl with dark brown hair and green eyes comes up to her and sits next to her on the couch.