𝟷.𝟷

"I cannot believe that she didn't actually hit the record button," EJ chuckles wrapping his arm around my shoulder and looking down at me. "Because. like, we kinda killed it."

"We did, but I think the second time was better," I smile and look down at the ground.

EJ and I haven't really talked about a possible us since the show. But we hang out constantly. Sometimes alone, sometimes with Alaina, sometimes with Ashlyn, sometimes with Gina and Alaina and Ashlyn. It's a lot. But I really like hanging out with him.

Nicholas is in London for his movie. We text everyday, FaceTime every week. I miss him. A lot. I mean it's like how it was when we first met. I didn't miss him because i couldn't. But then he came to East High, and then left. And now I miss him, a lot more than I thought I would.

Ricky and Nini are back together and better than ever. They seem really in love and I'm happy for them. I honestly think I'm completely over Ricky. Because every time I see him and Nini together, my heart doesn't shatter. Instead, I feel happy for them and a feeling of relief, I guess.

"So, what are you doing for Christmas?" EJ asks once we both get inside his car and close the doors. I turn on the heating because I'm so cold, it's like an icebox out there.

"Oh, um, I'm probably just gonna watch Elf and eat two times my weight in junk food. My parents are going to be out of town, again," I reply with a small sigh.

"Okay, no. I'm not letting you do that, there's no way," He tells me and takes my hand in his with a firm, caring grip. He looks deep into my eyes. It's almost as if he can see into my souls. Like he can hear my thoughts. Like he can hear my heart beating really quickly and skipping a bunch of beats. "Come spend christmas with me and my family."

"W-What?" I ask with widened eye. I blink a couple times not actually believing what i just heard. I've spent Christmas alone for the last 5 years. Alaina always wished to take me with her on her family vacations, but for some reason my parents would "care" if I was going out of town with people they don't know. It was so confusing. But no one has invited me to christmas at their house. "EJ... I couldn't-"

"But you could. Look, my family would love you. And you know what, I am sick and tired of you spending all of these holidays alone. You don't deserve it, and I've had enough," He states and I hear the passion in his voice. "I care about you, Thalia. I know it happened really fast, we didn't talk much before Thanksgiving, but I do."

"EJ... I care about you too, like a lot," I smile at him softly, squeezing his hand. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

"So you'll come?" He asks with a small grin creeping up on his face.

I nod and before anything else happens, he pulls me into a hug. At first I am surprised, but then I melt into it, taking in the smell of his cologne and the warm feeling I get from hugging him.

Once we pull away, he starts to drive me home.

"Wanna listen to music?" He asks. I smile and nod.

He lets me connect my phone to his car and I start my playlist.

The real question is... what am I gonna get him?

~~

ITS HERE!!!!