𝟷.𝟼

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞

"Ahem. Alright!" Miss Jenn exclaims. "As you all know, this year's auditions will be. two-step process. One, a group vocal warm-up to the classic song Belle, and two, a song of your choice. Whatever shows off you the best."

Ashlynn and Kourtney do a little handshake.

I'm a little shaky. What the girl said, Lily I think she name was. It really got to me. I don't know why. I immediately went to the bathroom and looked at myself. For 20 minutes. I couldn't help but see so many things were wrong. I've never felt this way before.

"Okay, circle up. Take your neighbor's hand. For a moment of silent reflection!" Miss Jenn announces. We all get in a circle. I stand between Gina and EJ and take their hands. Miss Jenn starts to sing, "Certain as the sun. Rising in the east. Tale as old as time. Song as old as rhyme. Beauty and the...."

She is cut off by the door swinging open. Behind it we are our old friend Ricky Bowen.

Am I getting deja vu? I feel like this has happened before. Oh right!

(see what i did there?)

"Guess he decided to come after all," Miss Jenn says to Carlos.

"Is this Mamma Mia 2?" Carlos asks rhetorically. "Cuz here we go again!"

~~~

"Little town. It's a quiet village. Everyday, like the one before." Carlos sings.

"Little town full of little people. Waking up to say," Kourtney sings.

"Bonjour, Bonjour, Bonjour, Bonjour, Bonjour!"

"There goes the baker with his tray like always. The same old bread and rolls to sell," Ricky sings shakily, while playing with his dog tag that Nini got him for opening night.

"Every morning is the same, since the morning that we came to this poor provincial town!" Seb sings.

"Good morning, Belle!" EJ exclaims and winks at me.

"Bonjour, good day, how so your family?" Ashlynn sings.

"Bonjour, good day, how is your wife?" Gina sings.

"I need six eggs, that's too expensive!"

"There must be more than this provincial life!" Big Red sings covering his face with the sheet music.

"Look, there she goes, that girl is so peculiar! I wonder if she's feeling well!" Kourtney sings.

"With a dreamy far-off look. And her nose stuck in a book!" Kaden sings, dancing a bit.

"What a puzzle to the rest of us is Belle!" Gina sings adding her usual Gina flare, which is always spectacular.

"Oh... Isn't this amazing!" Alaina sings. "It's my favorite part because, you'll see!" She comes over to the rest of us girls. "Here's where she meets prince charming! But she won't discover that till chapter three!" I hand her a book with a smirk.