𝟷.𝟸𝟷

the best birthday ever
-EJ-

"What happened between you and Thalia?" Ashlynn asks as I sit on the stairs inside Thalia's house.

"We just... She told me she couldn't do us, whatever we were. She said it felt like one minute I was into her and the next I was into someone else," I reply looking down at my phone. "I just wish she knew it was because I didn't feel like I was good enough for her."

"EJ, you do realize why what you did was flawed, right?" Ashlynn asks, placing her hand on my shoulder. "I mean, you messed with her feelings. She obviously had feelings for you and you brought her hopes up."

"Yeah, but I only pushed her away because..." I trail. "What if we did get together. And then someone better comes along? Or what if Ricky realizes he's in love with her for the millionth time? What if she ditches me?"

"Look, EJ. That may happen," She sighs.

"Wow, thanks for the help," I scoff.

"Let me finish," She groans. "It could happen. But I don't think it will. Thalia isn't that kind of person. Plus, she's head over heels for you."

"No, she's not," I shake my head and look away.

"Yes, she is," Ashlynn states. "Everyone knows it."

"Well, not anymore," I sigh and look at my cousin.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, EJ. You can't fall out of love with someone that quickly," Ashlynn mentions and stands up.

"So you're saying she could still be in love with Ricky?" I ask with widened eyes.

"No! That's not what I'm saying at all!" She exclaims. "Are you listening to a word coming out of my mouth?"

"Yeah, I am. But what if she's not over Ricky?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows. I look over at Ricky and Nini who are making the banner.

"Thalia went through a lot of crap with Ricky. But he's with Nini now. She wouldn't do that to Nini. Plus, I literally just told you that she likes you. Pay attention. Maybe that's why you couldn't see it," She chuckles and walks down the stairs. "Well, I'm gonna go back to Big Red. But I think you should talk to Thalia. Get everything on the table before you lose her."

~~~

-Thalia-

"So, how is your birthday so far?" Alaina asks with a smile as we get our nails painted. Mine blue and hers pink.

"It's great!" I smile and then we go quiet.

"But?" She asks.

"But nothing," I reply shaking my head.

"There's a but," She states.

"No there's not!" I exclaim.

"Yes, there is," She chuckles.

"Fine. But I think everyone else forgot," I sigh.

"And?" She asks with a small chuckle.