𝟷.𝟺

𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

The silence was awkward, but then Big Red comes in with pizza. Everyone cheers. Thank god.

"Six pizzas. Two with lactose-free cheese!" He announces proudly. "I'm here!"

EJ stands up to help him with the pizzas. "Yes, thank you."
His face scrunches. "Good lord, dude. Did you fall into a bucket of cologne?"

"What do you mean?" I ask. I stand up and walk over to Big Red. "Oh no... please tell me you didn't take Ricky's advice."

He sighs and looks down.

"I did," He mutters.

Ashlynn starts walking over to the two of us, but Big Red runs to the kitchen.

"What was that about?" Ashlynn asks.

"Throb," I reply looking in the direction that Bug Red left.

"Ok?" She trails and then sits down again. Ricky gets up and goes to check up on a Big Red.

~~

"Remember, my feedback is both precious and invaluable! So think of this medley as a pre-audition workshop," Carlos states. He puts his hand on Seb's shoulder. "You may begin."

Seb sits down and starts playing while singing the lyrics to Fabulous. "It's out with the old and in with the new. Goodbye, clouds of gray. Hello, skies of blue." Carlos starts dancing around the piano. "A dip in the pool." EJ drops behind the piano sort of like a going jnto water motion. "A trip to the spa!" Carlos sits next to Seb on the piano bench. "Endless days in my chaise." Carlos leans back. "The whole world according to moi!" He turns to Carlos and says, "Just sing it!"

They both start singing as Carlos starts dancing while Seb keeps playing, "I want fabulous! That is my simple request. All things fabulous!" I get up and start dancing with Carlos. "Bigger and better and best. I need something inspiring to help me get along. I need a little fabulous is that so wrong?"

Seb gets up and Ashlynn sits down. She starts playing a slower melody. "Na, na, na, na." It's You Are the Music In Me. I get up and walk over to the piano. I lean on the side of it next to EJ. I harmonize with her, "Na, na, na, na, yeah. You are the music in me" She looks up at me and smiles. EJ smiles over at me as well. Ashlynn looks at me, signaling me to continue. I sing, "You know the words 'Once upon a time,'." She then harmonizes with me, "Make you listen. There's a reason." She looks at Alaina and Gina who are on the other side of the piano. "Come on, girls!". We all sing, "When you dream there's a chance you'll find a little laughter, or happy ever after." This is my favorite part!

I get ready to keep singing, but then Ricky signals Ashlynn to stop as he starts playing the guitar.

Him and Nini sing, "You're a harmony to the melody. Echoing inside my head." The smile on my face drops.

~
🎥

"Seeing them together so in love... I though I was done. Why can't I just be done?" Thalia sighs as a tear falls down her cheek.

"Why does this all have to be confusing. I mean I know I really like EJ. But why can't my feelings for Ricky just be gone? It'd make my life a whole lot easier."

~

"You are the music in me. It's living in all of us. It's brought us here because you are the music in me. Na, na, na, na. Na, na, na, na, yeah, yeah, yeah. You are the music in me. Na, na, na, na. Na, na, na, na, yeah, yeah, yeah. You are the music in me," they finish.