𝟷.𝟸𝟻

I hate EJ Caswell
-third-

Thalia swings open EJ's bedroom door.

"Rise and shine!" She sings, like how Kylie did. In her right hand, she holds EJ's favorite donuts.

"5 more minutes," EJ whines.

"No, we have to go get ready! It's already 12!" Thalia exclaims. She sets down the donuts and jumps into EJ's bed, right next to him. She places her hand softly on his face. "Come on, Eej." She then leans to his ear and whispers, "I brought donuts."

He immediately perks up. The upper half of his body shoots into an upright position. "Where!?"

Thalia laughs and ruffles his hair. She bounces up and walks to where she left the bag. She walks to EJ, and he attempts to grab it out of her hands, but she pulls it back.

"Ah, ah, ah... You need to get ready first," Thalia smirks at him. She places a small kiss on his lips and he squirms a bit. She furrows her eyebrows at him. "Okay, what's wrong with you? You've been acting weird lately."

~
🎥

"Yes, of course it's because of the kiss! I mean that kiss was hands down the worst experience of my life! Not that it was a bad kiss, I mean Gina's a great kisser! But I'm not saying she's a better kisser than Thalia, because Thalia's like the best kisser. And I'm not saying I liked the kiss with Gina!" EJ rambles and then stuffs his face in his hands. He takes a deep breath. "It was just a mistake. And I still haven't told Thalia yet. And I get close, but then she tries to cheer me up and I see that adorable look on her face. I don't have the heart to break hers and tell her I kissed another girl. Because I know we'd break up and that's the last thing I want. Thalia is the best thing that's ever happened to me, I can't lose her.

"And I can't tell Thalia I kissed another girl, because even if she did forgive me, she'd never trust me again. I know her. I know she'd always be nervous with me going off to college next year," He sighs with a groan. "Why did I have to be so stupid?!"

~

"N-Nothing! I've just been- uh- nervous," He replies awkwardly. "Y'know?"

"EJ..." Thalia sits down next to him. She places her hand, that isn't keeping the donuts away from him, on his cheek. She looks deep into his eyes. "You have nothing to be nervous about. I get it, North High was amazing, but we can do so much better."

EJ nods softly and then Thalia stands up. "Now, go get ready. And then you can have the donuts."

EJ nods and then hops up to get ready.

~~~

As Thalia drives to East High, taking the long way as always, she sees EJ looking sad again.

An idea pops into Thalia's head. She picks up her phone at a stoplight and then picks a song.

"Dear Evan Hansen we've been way to out of touch!" Thalia sings along to the song and looks at EJ. He doesn't look up. "Things have been crazy and it sucks that we don't talk that much." Still nothing. She nudges him a bit. "But I should tell you that I think of you each night!" He looks up with a soft chuckle. "I rub my nipples and start moaning with delight!" 

He then bursts out laughing. Thalia then does both of the talking parts and EJ looks at her in awe.

"I've gotta tell ya, life without ya has been hard!" Thalia sings.

Then EJ joins in. "Hard?"

"Has been bad!" Thalia sings.

"Bad?" He chuckles.