𝟷.𝟸𝟺

the chocolates
-third-

"All right! Let's get started!" Carlos exclaims, but no one hears him and they continue doing their own thing. "Hello? Let's get started!"

"Okay, Wildcats!" Miss Jenn shouts and claps her hands together to get everyone's attention. "Let's shake spring break out of our systems and try the Beast transformation one last time! And remember, this is the triumph of the show, the moment the audience has been waiting for. This. has. to. work!"

"No pressure, right," EJ chuckles to Thalia.

"EJ, try not to rush this time," Miss Jenn suggests. "We'll speed it up when you're more confident.

"Got it," Ricky nods.

"Let's take it from 'You came back'," Miss Jenn states. She turns to Carlos as EJ and Thalia get in their places. "We'll be fine! We still have two weeks until opening night. That's only a few days away from three weeks, basically a month. And two weeks after that, we are at the Alan Menken Awards, and then we'll see who's number one.

"Your basic two-three-two-one," Carlos shrugs his shoulders.

"And we're great, is the point!" Miss Jenn exclaims softly. "Okay, let's go!"

"You came back," EJ weakly grumbles.

"If only I'd come sooner," Thalia sighs and places her hand on his cheek.

"Maybe it's better this way," He rasps and grabs her arm.

"Don't talk like that!" She scolds him. "Everything will be fine."

"No!" He shakes his head. Thalia shushes him. "We're together now," She tells him. "You'll see."

EJ softly places his hand on Thalia's cheek. "I'm just glad I was able to see your face one last-" He then begins to choke.

"We are home," Thalia sings. "We are where we shall be forever. Trust in me, for you know I won't run away."

"Belle, I-"

"Yes?" Thalia asks.

He then rolls over and acts dead.

"No, no! Please don't leave me. Please!" Thalia grabs his shoulders and pleads. "I-I love you."

He then sits up a bit and tries to pull the Beast mask off, but he struggles. Thalia then covers him with her long, blue cape as he struggles to pull the mask off.

"Rip the velcro!" Kourtney shouts at EJ. EJ then triumphantly rips the mask off.

"Okay, I got it!" He grunts and then chucks the mask at Natalie, who catches the mask, but then knocks over the four fake trees. A tree almost falls on Thalia, but EJ rolls her over on top of him.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks, looking into her eyes.

She nods softly with a smile and places a soft kiss on his lips. She leans to his ear and whispers, "Thanks."

"Cut!" Miss Jenn exclaims.

"Sorry, Natalie..." EJ whimpers.

"It's okay... It was just my face..." Natalie trails.

"Guess I should practice that throw, huh..." EJ trails.

"The throw is great, EJ," Miss Jenn states with an awkwardly large smile. "The mask is great! This is working. I will be in my office."

She then speeds off, obviously stressed.

Carlos then stands up and announces, "Guys, we're on a long five until Miss Jenn returns." And then he speeds off. Everyone stands awkwardly.