"You betrayed the Aegis Family." Irene stated. "You attempted to assassinate Iris, and most importantly, you tried to kill my Ken."

Cyrus' eyes radiated a sadness. He bowed his head as a single tear went down his face. After a second, he brought his face back up. But with a conviction.

"Goodbye." Irene finished.

Cyrus glanced at me, mouthing something.

"Take care of her for me." He mouthed, his sad eyes staring into my soul. And the he smiled.

Even now, I have trouble understanding this man.

Irene picked up a sword from the ground, and in one swift moment, a head was disconnected from it's body.

Cyrus' head rolled across the floor, before coming to a stop. I stared into his dead eyes, the life stolen in one swift strike. That damned smile was still plastered onto his face.

Blood poured from the neck of the body as it fell onto the floor like a ragdoll. It laid against the ground, a pool of blood gathering under the neck.

No hesitation. Until Cyrus' betrayal, he was the closest non-family person to Irene. And with no hesitation, she killed him.

Because of me.

And the worst part was that I couldn't do anything. I was frozen stiff, unable to move from my spot by an inch. Irene held all the power. She was stronger, faster, smarter. And most of all, ruthless.

The sudden lack of power that I held sickened me.

Useless, once more.

I let out my guts into the floor, coughing as the disgusting green liquid splattered onto the ground, released from my vomiting mouth.

Iris dragged the frozen Isaac off of the landing pad towards Irene. His eyes widened like saucer plates once he realized where Iris was dragging him.

"No! No! Let me go!" He cried, but Iris' iron grip on his arm did not falter.

She threw him in front of Irene, who in one hand held a bloody sword, and in the other a bloody war hammer.

"N-no..." He cried as he looked up at his sister.

"You're going to pay for your crimes." Irene stated. "Iris, take Isaac out of here. I'll handle Ken."

"Alright." Iris nodded, dragging Isaac away.

Irene stepped towards me. I stumbled backwards, falling to my butt in fear. Irene noticed this, a sadness replacing the emptiness in her eyes.

She crouched down in front of me, before giving me a hug.

"Don't worry. There is no reason to grieve for these filth. Come on, we must go." Irene said.

No, you completely misunderstand. You couldn't be farther off.

What I just witnessed...

I glanced at the decimated Royal Knight and the decapitated Cyrus. My god, two REAL people were just murdered in front of me...

This...

It's no longer just an anime...

Irene lifted me to my feet, placing my arm over her shoulder. We started to walk out of the complex, leaving the bodies behind.

I want to puke again...

I winced in pain as the knife dug into my skin. It's not the worst pain I've experienced, but it hurts. It hurts a lot.

"Ken, we'll get you a healer as soon as we exit here." Irene stated.

We walked through the hallway, heading back the way we came. But all I could think about were the looks I saw before their deaths.

The Royal Knight's fear...

And Cyrus' acceptance.

Why? Why would you tell me that Cyrus, when that same girl decapitated you with no hesitation? Why did you smile when you were about to die?

What do you want from me?!

We stopped walking. Looking up, I realized it was because we had reached the ladder.

"Will you be able to climb up?" Irene asked me.

"Y-yeah..." I weakly replied. "I think so..."

I grabbed onto the rungs of the ladder. One by one I climbed up them. I winced in pain as every time I moved, the knife dug in further. But I can't stop.

I need to get out of this underground complex. I need out.

I continued to climb up, before sighing in relief as I made it to the top. Blood dripped from my head onto the ground, leaving a red splat.

Blood...

Blood...

Irene helped me up to my feet. At the surface was Iris with a handcuffed Isaac and some agents of the Aegis Family.

"Burn it." Irene ordered, nodding to the agents.

They nodded, before grabbing a can of gasoline and descending the steps of the ladder.

You're going to torch the place?!

Soon two more familiar figures ran into the construction site.

Eric's eyes widened as he saw my condition.

"Are you alright?!" He worriedly asked.

"Could...be better..." I chuckled.

But the chuckle was hollow. There was no life placed behind it...

"Did you take care of them...?" A slightly angered Lily asked Irene.

"Of course." She nodded.

"Good." Lily nodded, that slight anger dissipating.

As they started to talk, there was one image I couldn't get out of my mind. More than the exploding head, or the decapitation.

But those eyes...

Those empty eyes...

I can't get that horrid sight out my mind...