CHAPTER 7

September 3, 2090

He didn't want to believe it, but the voice in his head kept echoing otherwise. His rational self wanted to believe that they were just dreams, but that dark, deep part of his soul was sure they were fragments of a past.

Memories that were buried deep in him. Memories on the brink of breaking free. Memories of a past somehow intertwined with an ironic sort of heartbreak.

He sat at his desk, deep in thought, his face resting in his hands and his brows knitted together. "I need to figure this out before I lose my sanity" he murmurs, frustrated. "But where do I begin?! I mean, is there even a beginning?!"

He pulls his hair, trying to remember the visions again. Suddenly he jolts out of his seat, his face bright and alert. "THE STREET SIGN!" he almost screamed.

It was vague in his memories, but he was sure he recalled it right. "I need to track that place. It's the only thing that can give me the answers I seek."

He quickly turned on his laptop and with a few quick clicks, opened up an advanced navigation system he had coded a few years ago. "Guess my science nerd side paid off after all" he sighed. He paused his fingers over the keys, and took a deep breath.

'Yeonggeum-do.' Jungkook entered the letters he recalled from the street sign in his vision. The application beeped thrice, before displaying an image along with a map of a run down place.

He scanned the image carefully with his eyes, and a few seconds later, they were fixed on a certain part. "The motel..." he whispered, barely audible even to himself. He had found it. The water to extinguish his burning curiosity had been found.

Jungkook decided that he would visit the place the very next day. He wanted to go at that very moment itself, but he felt underprepared and just... not ready. But before that, he needed to text the boys. He didn't want to get another earful from them.

 He didn't want to get another earful from them

4th September 2090

4th September 2090

Jungkook's heart beat faster and faster as he started to leave the house. The ache in his chest was beginning to come back, and his breath was uneven as he walked to the bus stop.

He stopped for a moment and decided "There's no turning back now. I'm going to find out. I'm going to find out everything..."