CHAPTER 4

6:57 pm

Jungkook fixed his hair as he looked into the mirror. He wore a plain flannel shirt and a pair of black jeans. "It's just the three of us anyways" he thought.
"Pux, what time is it??"
"6:57 pm" replied the robot
"Oh? They'll be here any time from now" he thought to himself, as he excitedly skipped down the stairs, towards the living room.

Amanda had arranged everything already. Colorful balloons adorned the walls and a huge cake stood in the middle of the room. He sniffed around it and smiled "Chocolate fudge. Nice!!" He waited impatiently for his best friends to arrive. Suddenly, his holo-caller beeped, and Yugyeom's hologram appeared in front of him.

"Heyyo b'day boy!! What are you up to??" Yugyeom sounded cheerful. "Nothing much, just waiting for the both of you to arrive. Where on earth are you??" Jungkook answered.

"Umm... Ah! Eunwoo is late again! You know how he is don't you?" he replied, fidgeting. "Me?! Hey, I was early for once!! You were the one who-" Eunwoo's shouts were cut off by a hasty Yugyeom who was trying his best to hide something. "Uhh nevermind him Kook, we'll be there soon. Just wait some more time, yeah?? Bye!!" The hologram disappeared, leaving Jungkook bewildered at his friends and their antics.

7:30 pm:

Jungkook sat on his couch, alone and bored. Eunwoo and Yugyeom hadn't arrivved yet. "Where are those idiots?!" he whined. He took out his phone and started playing a game, as he listened to his favorite song 'I Need U' in the background. It was a really old song, more than a fifty years old. But for some reason, his heart was attached to it. There was something about this song that made his heart feel at home.

8:45 pm:

Two rounds and many song loops later, Eunwoo and Yugyeom were still nowhere to be found. The food had cooled long ago and Amanda was in sleep mode. The cake lost its freshness and the house looked emptier than ever, even with all the extravaganza. "Are they... not coming...?" His excitement started to wear off, and his feelings from the previous day, of being left out, re-emerged.

11:56 pm:

It was getting very late now. Eunwoo and Yugyeom still hadn't arrived. Sweat beads started to form on Jungkook's forehead. "Where are... where are they...? Did they forget...? No... it can't be... they just called me... Has something happened to them??"

He felt a sharp pain in his head. He tried to brush it off, but it was too severe for him to handle. He started feeling dizzy and nauseous and his breathing got heavier and heavier with each passing second.

He felt trapped.Suffocated. It felt as if the walls were closing in on him. "Help- I- Someone- I can't-" he gasped for air and tried to scream, but not a sound escaped him. His body began trembling and his head felt like it was about to burst.

All his desperate cries for help went in vain. He could feel the blood pounding in his ears. His heart was beating too fast and he felt like he was about to fall. He reached out for a pillar, but loses his balance and falls before he could.

Jungkook lay there, unable to move, as his heartbeat got louder and louder in his chest.

He felt his vision becoming cloudier. He could hear nothing but his own breathing. He was trapped in a familiar ache, a sad, huge pain. Stuck, till everything went pitch black.