CHAPTER 3

7:06 am

"Wake up! Wake up! Jeon Jungkook wake up! Wake up! Late by 00:06 mins wake up!"

Jungkook felt the blanket getting pulled away from his body. The robotic voice kept repeating the same words over and over again. "Arghh shut up!!" he screamed, annoyed at the AI alarm robot. He turned over and switched it off, annoyed."

He got off the bed, his warm feet hitting the cold floor. He sat there for a moment, still iffy about the previous day.

"Should I tell mom and dad about the dreams...?" he thought to himself as he made his way to the bathroom to freshen up.

Once he was fully awake, he descended the steps of his house and made his way to the kitchen.

"Good morning mom, dad..."
"Good morning son" replied his father, without even bothering to look up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Have some breakfast, Kook" said his mom, as she passed the breakfast maker to him.

The thing about 2090 was that there was a robot for every human need. Everything to make life easier. But there was also a void left in people's hearts because none of those fancy gadgets could substitute for the love and emotional support they longed for.

It was the same for Jungkook. His parents provided him everything- a big, comfortable house, the latest gadgets- everything. Except emotional availability.

He hesitated for a bit, and tried to talk about his dreams, but ultimately decided not to. "They won't understand... Nevermind..."

Suddenly, his cellphone buzzed. He opened it to see that Eunwoo and Yugyeom had left him a bunch of texts.

He read them, and smiled fondly at the screen. "Something funny in there son?" asked his father. "Nothing much dad... Just... It's my birthday and... friends left some texts wishing me..." Jungkook replied.

"Oh! How could I forget! Happy birthday son!! May you have a successful future ahead! " his parents wished him smiling for the first time that day.

"Honey, program Amanda to prepare a party for our son. Surely, he's going to invite some friends over, yeah?" his mom told his dad. "Yeah mom" he replied, smiling faintly.

"And that's done!" Mr. Jeon had finished programming their family's butler robot, Amanda. He ruffled his son's hair, and looked at his watch.

"Oh no, we'll be late! Let's leave honey. Jungkook, have a fun party with your friends." They rushed out of the house, off to yet another busy day at work, leaving Jungkook all alone in the huge house.

"It's not like it's anything new... They do this every year..." he sighed to himself. But this time, there was an ache in his chest, a weirdly sad frustration welling up in him.

~________________________________ ~

A/N: short update but we hope you still enjoyed it :))
Let us know your thoughts in the comments it motivates us a lot !
Thank you for reading ><