The Devil's Belonging 24

‘’ One, Two, Three, Clear’’ the woman standing right on above me said and the pain cursed through me. Making my body spasm on the bed I was laying on. A lot of calm voices were heard after that, before a slight sting in my arm. Then I fell into the darkness again, but this time Lucavarious was nowhere to be seen and I felt ashamed.  

*********

Sam was the first one I saw when I opened my eyes, then Sophie pressed herself into my sight. It looked funny with both of them hovering above me, I smiled but I found it hard to do.

‘’ she’s awake, should we call the nurses?’’ Sophie’s voice sounded funny and weird. A throaty laugh escaped my mouth.

‘’ no, they will only put her out again.’’ Sam said quietly as if nurses were waiting outside the room and were eavesdropping on the conversation.

‘’ it looks like she is pretty out of it, do you think she is going to remember anything from her exam?’’

‘’ I don’t know.’’

Was they talking about me? did I have an exam? Was I done with everything? I wonder what they thought when they saw me bruised after Lucavarious treatment. How was I going to explain that away?

‘’ Ciale?’’ Sam asked me as he tried to get me to focus on him, but I found it extremely hard. It was like my eyes was unable to focus on anything, they could only see the whole picture.

I laughed and Sam looked at Sophie who called for the nurses.

‘’ how am I going to explain this fight with Lucavarious away? You are going to get so jealous, Sam. He made me feel so good, much better that when you kiss me and embra- it’s hard to talk…. Why are you pink?’’

‘’ who the hell is Lucava… something?’’ Sam asked, trying hard to keep his voice calm and collected. But it shook.

I laughed as I saw nurses filing into the room, and then a sharp sting and then darkness.

****

Please, you have been out for a week… you are all healed up now, no need to drug you down anymore… it’s really annoying actually, I am so close to what I desire and you are relaxing in a bed at the infirmary. You make me gag, grow some balls. Lucavarious said in my mind and it helped to bring me out of this constant blackness.

‘’ she is stirring, about time now… let’s pack her things.’’ Someone said and then a door clicked shut.

I opened my eyes and blinked against the bright light.

‘’ rise and shine, sunshine.’’ A girl who looked like she was straight out of collage said as she saw me blinking.

Sunshine? I think I have never been called that my entire life… I’m not sure I liked the sound of it either. Sunshine. Nah, it wasn’t me at all.

I smiled and tried to ask for a glass of water. She gave one to me and sat down on a chair in front of me.

‘’ what do you remember?’’ She asked me as she pulled out a notebook she could write things on.

Aw shit. Now what am I going to tell her?

‘’ no I don’t remember…. I remember walking to my exam in test class.’’ I said, faking to not remember anything with Lucavarious. But how had he gotten into my school? He said he wouldn’t enter the grounds of the school, that’s why he needed me.

‘’ well… this is going to be a lot to take in, and you have all the rights to sue the school for this happening, but you must hear everything before you start commenting. It is a whole lot to take in.’’ she said gravely and waited for me to nod before she began talking again.