ONE HUNDRED AND NINETEEN

OREO
Your family is my family.

Odessa walked through the supermarket with Bucky and her siblings. They were going to Sam's BBQ, which seemingly everyone was more than excited for.

Bucky had offered Sam that he would bring the deserts, so now the family were looking at a bunch of different cakes, all indecisive about which one to bring.

"I want the twix cake." Jeddah spoke up, grabbing the cake in his hands and looking up to Odessa and Bucky hopefully.

Odessa turned to face Bucky, she linked her fingers with his and rested her head on his shoulder. The court had granted them custody, it was only temporary whilst they underwent a formal procedure to see if they'd be fit parents. The court also needed to talk to her siblings as to why they no longer wanted to stay with the Forests, especially since they were adopted. Apparently it raised some concerns.

"Savannah doesn't like twix's." Bucky mumbled without even meaning to. He hadn't realise he said it until Savannah turned to him and nodded in agreement.

"But AJ does." Jeddah pouted.

The girl turned to look at Bucky with a warm smile forming on her face. He knew her siblings so well. The things they liked and disliked. It made her happy.

"How about oreo, everyone likes oreo." Charleston pointed to the cake.

"Great, we'll get oreo." Odessa smiled, grabbing the cake and handing it to Bucky. "Jed, put the twix cake back." Jeddah pouted but placed the cake back. "Hey guys, go and get some snacks to bring incase Sammy forgets to buy them."

Savannah, Charleston and Jeddah all rushed off to the party food section of the store. Odessa turned to face Bucky, with a serious expression on her face.

"Are you sure?" She whispered gently, placing her hand on his bicep. "If you don't want to do this, we don't have to, I'll understand if you're not ready."

"Baby," Bucky paused. "I want to do this, your family is my family. We're not going down without a fight okay? The Forests don't stand a chance." He cupped the girls face, his thumb caressing her cheek, causing her to nuzzle into the warmth of his palm.

"Thank you." She whispered, pressing her lips against his palm and looking up at him. "They really love you."

"And I love them." He whispered back. "And you."

"BUCKY!" Jeddah ran towards the man, he grabbed his arm and shouted. "Come see the action men!"

Jeddah didn't even give Bucky a chance to respond before he pulled him, making Bucky stumble over his own two feet and drop the oreo cake, ruining the decoration.

Bucky paused and looked towards Odessa with wide eyes. He hadn't meant to drop it. He just couldn't balance it in time whilst a child was tugging on his arm.

The couple both burst out laughing as Odessa picked up the cake and shook her head. She looked over to Savannah, who had a basket filled with different foods.

"Let's go pay whilst these two go look at the action men." Odessa suggest to Savannah, who nodded in agreement.

They decided to go to the self check out so that it would be quicker. Odessa was scanning the items and Savannah was packing them away.

"Do you really want us living with you?" Savannah blurted out. "Does Bucky?"

Odessa turned to face her sister with sympathetic eyes. She understood where was coming from, the fear of not actually being wanted. It was terrifying.

"Of course we do, Sav. I've wanted to have custody of you guys since mom and dad died. I was just too young then, but now I'm not. And Bucky adores you guys, there's nothing he wouldn't do for you."

"She's right." Bucky nodded, throwing his arm around Savannah's shoulders and pulled her into his chest. "I do adore you, and of course we want you to live with us, kiddo."

Savannah smiled, all she needed was a little bit of reassurance. She just needed to know that she was wanted by them. She nodded in response.

"I told Jed he could have an action man of Sam." Bucky chuckled as he showed Odessa the figurine of Sam.

Odessa couldn't help but laugh at the figurine, wondering how he was going to react to the action man of himself. Or if he even know.

"Okay, let's go and get in the car, we don't want to be any later than we already are."

Odessa climbed out of the car and saw Bucky held the smushed oreo cake in his hands as he pretended to fight with AJ, Cass, Charleston and Jeddah. Both Savannah and Odessa gave one another a look as they grabbed the other food out of the car.

The girl went over to Sam after placing down the groceries and gave the man a hug, which is quickly returned. Bucky came over not even seconds later and gave Sam a hug, making Odessa smile in response.

She loved the way that Bucky's smile lit up his eyes. The way that for the first time in a long time he seemed genuinely happy, like he had no worries or doubts.

"How's the family thing working out?" Sam questioned curiously as he watched his nephews with Odessa's siblings. They got along well, which he was more than thankful for.

"Amazing." Odessa grinned, stepping back into Bucky's chest and allowing him to wrap his arms around her waist. "Bucky said he'll let me get a cat."

Sam chuckled and looked towards Bucky with a grin. He could hardly imagine Bucky with a cat. But he also knew that he would do it to make Odessa happy.

The whole neighbourhood had come together and Odessa hadn't ever felt so happy and included in anything in her life before now.

The sat down on a small picnic bench, Bucky was showing off with how many kids he could lift up with his arm whilst having a normal conversation with Sam.

"Thing is I would move in with you, but I got a family now. Plus, Dessie can't share." Bucky looked down at the girl with a playful smile.

Odessa rolled her eyes and continued to hold the new born in her arms. It was one of Sarah's friends kids and Odessa couldn't resist holding her.

Bucky smiled fondly, glad the time girl was happy. He could imagine having a child with her. Having his own kids, being a dad. It was something he wanted and it was something he wanted with Odessa.

"I can share, Sammy, you're welcome to come over and stay whenever." Odessa turned to look at the man, who had a beaming smile on his face.

"Thank you, Dessie." Sam playfully narrowed his eyes at Bucky.

A few hours had past and the sun had began to set. Odessa, Bucky and Sam all looked out at the horizon with smiles on their faces.

Bucky pressed his lips against the girls temple and closed his eyes, enjoying the way that she felt in his arms. He loved her with every inch of his being.

"We're going to be okay right?" Odessa questioned, nor breaking her eyes away from the sunset. "We won't lose touch again right?"

"We won't lose touch ever again." Sam attempted to reassure the girl by placing his hand on her shoulder.

Odessa smiled and looked up between the boys. She let go of a deep breath and said, "Good because you guys are my family and I don't ever want to lose either of you."