FIFTY

WAR-GAMES
This is okay with me.

Odessa held Bucky's hand tightly as they walked up to The Forest's house. The couple didn't even knock on the door as Jeddah and Charleston ran out of the house, instantly throwing their arms around Odessa. Savannah tried to play it cool as she just walked out, but Odessa gave her a small look and she wrapped her arms around her.

Bucky stepped back slightly and smiled. The smile on Odessa's face made his heart swell. The brunette turned to look at him for a split second.

"Guys." Odessa pulled away from her siblings to stand beside Bucky, she linked their hands together as she said, "This is Bucky."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Jeddah questioned with a playful smile. Odessa looked up to Bucky curiously, they hadn't ever actually said that they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Indeed I am, little man." Bucky knelt down to Jeddah's height. "And what's your name."

"My names Jeddah." Jeddah placed his hand out in front of him with a huge smile on his face. "My friends call me Jed."

Bucky chuckled at the boy. He was clearly putting on a brave front and Bucky didn't miss the way his small hands were shaking.

"Well, my names James, but everyone calls me Bucky." He shook the boys hands, making him smile.

Charleston stepped forward, placing his hands on his hips and he narrowed his eyes towards Bucky. Odessa had to bite her bottom lip to prevent herself from laughing at the boy, which didn't go unnoticed by Bucky or Savannah.

"What are your intentions with my sister?" Charleston raised his brows.

Bucky let out a small chuckle at the boy before saying,

"To love her with everything in me."

Savannah's eyes softened and her hands rested over her heart as she looked over to Odessa.

"Swoon." Savannah grinned, her sister seemed happy and that was all she ever wanted.

Despite only been seven when it happened, Savannah remembered been taken away from her sister. She remembered the social worker putting her and her siblings in the car to take them to their new foster placement.

Unfortunately, The Forest's didn't want Odessa, which lead to the siblings been split up.

Odessa smiled and wrapped her arm around Savannah's shoulders, both of them taking a step back and watching Bucky with their younger brothers.

The way as Jeddah pulled Bucky with him, telling the man that he wanted to play soccer and that Bucky must be on his team. Charleston muttered a small complaint before pulling Savannah to be on his side.

Odessa leant against the picket fence and watched as Jeddah scored a goal as pulled his shirt over his head. Bucky looked towards Odessa with furrowed brows, not understanding before he did it himself. The girl couldn't help but laugh.

The brunettes phone rang, which snapped her out of her daze and she quickly answered it without a second thought.

"Hello?" Odessa answered sweetly.

"Dessie? It's Tony."

"Wow, T, I'm normally the one calling you. You just let the line blink until I go to voice mail but that's beside the point. Everything okay?" Odessa questioned, he rarely called and if he did it wasn't always a good thing.

Bucky furrowed his brows as he watched Odessa on the phone. Jeddah ran up to him, so he quickly lifted the boy over his shoulders and span him around.

"I heard Bucky was awake." Tony mumbled almost as if it was a secret.

"He is." Odessa looked towards the man, who hand managed to hold all three children up at once, despite lacking his metal arm. She let out a small chuckle as they all clung onto him for dear life.

"How's that going?" Tony questioned curiously, he cared for the girl. Over the past year he had grown closer to her.

"Perfect." Odessa grinned. "Everything's perfect."

Tony let a small smile form on his face, he was glad that she was okay. The past few times that he spoke to her, before Bucky woke up, she didn't sound too good.

"Dessie. Come on. Bucky's going to play war with us and we need bad guys to shoot." Charleston shouted making Odessa furrow her brows and look towards Bucky.

"T, I gotta go. Stay safe." Odessa said as she ended the call and made her way over to Bucky. "Charlie, go and hide, Bucky and I be the bad guys, we'll come and find you."

Bucky looked down at the girl with a smile and watched as she linked their hands, concern written all over her face.

"Is this okay with you?" Odessa questioned as she motioned to her siblings who were trying to hide.

Bucky allowed a smile to form on his face, the girl was always so concerned about him. She always made sure that he was okay, no matter what. He leant down to connect their lips together for a brief second, hearing the faint sounds of The Kingsley-Forest siblings fake gagging.

"This is okay with me." He nodded, before turning to look at the three younger siblings, making a finger gun and running after them making all sort of fake bullet and bomb noises.

Odessa smiled as she joined in, no matter how ridiculous it was, the sound of her siblings and Bucky's laughter was worth it. They were worth everything and more to her.