ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

SEPARATION
He's a big boy.

Sam slowly flew back down to Bucky with Odessa in his arms. The brunettes eyes widened once she saw Karli throw a spear at Bucky. She didn't hesitate in grabbing Sam's shield and throwing it towards the flash smashers.

The man landed safety and caught the shield, whilst Odessa walked over to Bucky. Bucky didn't hesitate on pulling the girl tightly into his arms. He rested his head upon hers and breathed in her familiar cherry scent.

"You of all people bought into that bullshit." Karli questioned Sam as she removed her mask.

"I'm trying something different. Maybe you should do the same." Sam spoke calmly.

Not even seconds later, there was an explosion and gas surrounded the group. Bucky buried Odessa's head into his chest. He was terrified of losing her again. He came so close to never having her in his life again, he didn't want to risk that anymore.

"This way." Sam spoke.

Odessa gripped Bucky's hand tightly and followed after Sam, who she assumed was leading them towards Karli. The group entered some underground tunnels and Bucky took it upon himself to inform Sharon.

"Hey Sharon, we're underground. We entered the tunnel on William. Heading south."

"Looks like they split up." Sam spoke, using his new suit to figure out the heat rays. "Here."

John wasted no time in running down the turn off. Both Bucky and Odessa looked at Sam anxiously. They couldn't leave him alone.

"We got it." Bucky pulled Odessa with him, there was no way he was going to let her out of his sight.

"B-But what about Sam?" Odessa pointed back to Sam, he shouldn't be left alone. She hated the idea of him not having someone go with him.

"He's a big boy. He can handle it." Bucky continued to pull the girl along to catch up with John.

Odessa and Bucky finally caught up with John, but that didn't mean they stopped running. They were trying to find anyone of the flag smashers and hoping to talk some sense into them.

The girl jumped once she heard the gun fires. She shared an anxious look with Bucky, terrified that it was Sam who had been shot. After all, they both knew that Sam wouldn't pull the trigger on her.

"He'll be okay." Bucky let go of a deep breath, but truthfully he didn't know.

"Mercy beats richer fruit than strict justice." John spoke as he stepped out in front of three flag smashers.

"It's a great app." Bucky pulled out his phone, causing a smile to form on Odessa's face. They'd been tracking the flag smashers the entire way.

The police now surrounded them, guns at the ready incase they tried to put up a fight. Odessa linked her hand with Bucky's before saying,

"Thank you for leading us straight to you."

"Lincoln really?" Bucky questioned John, his brow raising slightly.

He still hated the man for what he did to Odessa, but he also knew they would have to work together to bring down the flag smashers, so for now, he managed to put his anger to one side.

"Great man. Great quote." John shrugged, his eyes flickering over to Odessa. He felt guilty for what he did to her. He should have given her the choice, but he just felt so angry.

Odessa wrapped her hand around Bucky's bicep. She still didn't trust John and she was sure after what he did to her, she never would.

"Not when you say it." Bucky uttered, pressing his lips against Odessa's head.

Bucky could tell from the way she was holding onto him so tightly that she was scared. He hated that he wasn't able to comfort her the way she deserved.

"Go ahead, we'll catch up." Bucky insisted to John, who hesitantly nodded and walked away, leaving the couple alone.

It didn't even take two seconds for Odessa to bury her head in Bucky's chest and begin crying. Bucky's hand cupped the back of the girls head, his heart ached after hearing her sobs.

"I've got you, everything's going to be okay." He whispered, his fingers running through her hair soothingly.

Odessa shook her head, nothing felt okay. She didn't feel like things would be okay. But when she pulled away from Bucky and looked into his deep blue eyes, they filled her with reassurance.

"I nearly lost you today." Bucky whispered gently. "Trust me when I say, you're never leaving my sight again." He rested his head against hers, his warm breath hitting her face.

The brunette didn't even bother to say anything, instead she connected their lips, causing them to move in perfect sync. Bucky ran his tongue over her bottom lip, pulling her into him with the small of her back. He wanted her as close as possible at all times.

Odessa's hands ran through his hair, tugging at the ends. She loved him. With her whole heart. She would do anything for Bucky Barnes.