TWENTY SEVEN

PRECAUTIONS
What are you scared of?

Odessa sat across from Bucky as he packed a few things in a bag, he claimed that they needed a get away bag in case anything was going to happen to them.

"Nothings going to happen, Buck." She whispered as she watched him put in a few spare tops, a wad of cash and two fake passports.

"You don't know that." Bucky stopped packing the bag and turned to face the girl. He let out a heavy sigh. "Look, it's just a precautionary measure." He tried to offer her a small reassuring smile, but it didn't convince her.

Odessa stood up from her spot on the bed and walked up behind the boy. Wrapping her arms around his torso and resting her head against his back.

The brown haired boy instantly relaxed at her touch. There had been more talk about The Winter Soldier on the news, which made him incredibly anxious. He didn't want anyone to find him or Odessa. They were happy, sure their apartment wasn't exactly 5 stars, but they made do. All they really needed was each other.

"Nobody is going to find us, Bucky." She whispered as Bucky placed his hand over hers. "And even if they do, we'll handle it. Together."

Odessa stood on her tip toes to placed a kiss on his cheek, Bucky offered the girl a half hearted smile.

"What if they separate us?" Bucky questioned as he span around to see the girl.

"Bucky, that's not going to happen." Odessa whispered as she jumped up onto the counter top and moved the get away bag out of the way. She grabbed the end of Bucky's top and pulled him closer to her.

Bucky's hands rested beside Odessa's thighs on the counter top and his head rested against hers.

"What are you scared of?" Odessa questioned, lightly kissing the man's nose.

"Honestly?" Bucky questioned, making the brunette hum in response. "Everything."

It made Odessa's heart ache to know how scared Bucky was. He always put on a tough front and acted as if he wasn't scared of anything. She knew that it was just for her, but she wanted him to be honest with her. She wanted him to be vulnerable with her and share what he was scared of so they could face his fears together.

Odessa wrapped her arms around the man tightly as he hid his face in the crook of her neck. His strong arms wrapping around her small waist as he clung on to her for dear life.

Bucky's shoulders slouched and he allowed himself to finally let down his guard. He always tried to be brave for Odessa, telling her that he knew they were safe and that no one would ever find them.

But the truth was, that he had no idea what was going to happen to them next and that terrified him.

"I've got you, Bucky." She whispered, her fingers combing through his hair as she felt a few tears dampen her top.

~

Odessa hummed a soft tune as she laid her head in Bucky's lap as they watched the TV. His fingers combed through her long brown hair and a smile appeared on his face.

The brunette girl allowed her eyes to flicker closed, until Bucky stopped playing with her hair. Odessa opened her eyes and glared up to man. He let out a chuckle at the girl before he pulled her up into his lap and held her tighter.

"Where's your favourite place to go?" Bucky questioned, it was the girls birthday coming up soon and he wanted to do something special for her.

"The beach." She grinned, she hadn't been to the beach in what felt like years. She missed the feeling of the sand between her toes or the sound of the waves.

Bucky nodded and returned his attention back to the TV, leaving the girl confused. Odessa didn't say anything, she just shrugged it off and continued to watch the film that Bucky had chosen.

She hadn't paid much attention to what was happening or what film he had chosen, she just enjoyed being in his arms.

He seemed to have perked up a bit from earlier, which was a great relief to Odessa, she hated seeing him so upset. She had told him to relax and that they were safe. She had also told him to choose a film and they would just relax and then sleep rather than going out for one of their daily walks.

Bucky began to trace small patterns on the girls skin, making her smile. He loved her smile, it was probably his favourite thing about her.

He wanted to make this birthday special for her. She deserved some sort of happiness in her life. So he had decided that he would plan a trip for the beach. He wasn't sure how just yet, but he knew that he would do it.

Bucky would do anything for the girl.