ONE HUNDRED AND TWELEVE

FALL
Truth.

Bucky stirred awake once he heard the sounds of play fighting. He tilted his head to see Jeddah, Charleston, Cass and AJ playing with the shield. He allowed a smile to form on his face as he watched. He took a quick glance down at Odessa, who was watching them with a smile.

"Hey." Bucky spoke up and waved to the boys.

The boys eyes widened as they rushed to put back the shield as if nothing ever happened, they attempted to stand it back up the way that it was left, but it didn't work. They ran away without saying a word, causing Odessa to let go of a small chuckle.

The brunette tilted her head up to look at Bucky, who was just smiling. She guided him to look towards her, her thumb running over his stubble.

"I want to have kids with you." She whispered, causing Bucky's smile to grow. "I want to marry you and grow old with you."

"I want to do all of that and more with you, Cherry." Bucky whispered back. "Who knows, maybe when all of this is over, we can try and make those kids?"

Odessa chuckled and leant up to connected their lips together. They moved in perfect sync, his lips felt so soft against hers. His grip on the small of her back tightened as he pulled her closer.

"I like the sound of that, Sarge." Odessa whispered into his lips.

Bucky let go of a small chuckle against her lips. He wanted nothing more than to be happy with the girl, to raise their family and have little Bucky and Odessa's running around.

"How you feeling today?" Bucky whispered as the girl pulled away and rested her head in the crook of his neck, nuzzling in for warmth.

"Better." She lied.

Everything was still hurting. Her body felt weak and numb. She was even beginning to struggle to keep her eyes open. She wondered how the others felt, after all, Bucky told her there were others. But the worse she got, the more she began doubting it.

Hs claimed the others got better almost instantly, but her health just kept on declining. She kept getting worse. Her scar kept burning and she was sure something was wrong.

"Cherry." Bucky spoke sternly as he looked down at her. His blue eyes sparkled in the low light. "Truth."

"Worse okay? I feel so much worse today and I don't know why." She grumbled her fingers gripping onto Bucky's top tightly.

Bucky tightened his grip on the girl and pulled her closer to him, if that was even possible. He wondered why she wasn't healing like the others.

When he was apart of the winter soldier programme, some of them got sick but healed quickly. It was beginning to scare him, not that he'd tell her that. He knew then she would just worry.

He didn't want her to worry, he didn't know what was happening to her. Or if she'd be okay or not. Bucky brought his hand up to cup the girls face, his thumb running along her cheek bones. He closed his eyes and rested his head against hers.

"Is she going to be okay?" Savannah asked anxiously as she looked towards Bucky and her sister.

In the short time that Bucky was overthinking, Odessa had managed to fall asleep. The only way that he knew she was asleep and not unconscious was from the small purr of a snore she was doing.

"Of course, she's a fighter." Bucky attempted to reassure the younger.

"You don't have to lie to me, you know that right? I'm strong, I can take it." Savannah puffed out her chest and smiled in order to show Bucky that she wasn't scared.

In reality, the girl was terrified to lose her sister. She was her family. Odessa practically raised her and her siblings. They wouldn't be here without her.

"She'll be fine." Bucky repeated. "Don't worry."

Savannah nodded, not completely trusting the man and walked off. She wasn't sure how anyone would cope without Odessa, she was the glue that held them all together. She was the one that made sure that everyone else was okay. Without her, the whole world would just fall apart.