TWENTY FIVE

NIGHTMARES
Until the end of the line.❞

Odessa shot up once she heard Bucky's loud yelling. Her eyes flickered to the man who was violently tossing and turning in his sleep, tears streaming down his face.

"Bucky." Odessa attempted to grab the man's flailing hands, but instead he clenched his fists and shot up. "Hey, Bucky." She said beside the boy, with worry in her eyes.

Bucky's chest was heaving and a thin layer of sweat glistened on his forehead. He had a few tears rolling down his face as he stared at his lap. He had never felt so embarrassed and vulnerable.

"What happened?" Odessa questioned softly, she didn't want to upset the man by coming on too forceful. She slowly reached up and pushed some of his hair out of his eyes. "Talk to me."

Bucky finally looked across to the girl, who was now sat behind him, her arms wrapped around his torso. She looked so beautiful to say that she had just been woken up. She wore one of his tops, that hung off her shoulder, revealing her skin and the hickeys down her neck and on her collar bone that he had left from the nights previous.

"Are you okay?" She questioned placing a soft kiss on his shoulder blade. Bucky let out a deep breath, the feeling of her skin against his brought him a great sense of comfort.

Bucky's eyes scanned her face, looking for some sort of sign. He linked his hand with hers and she offered him a reassuring smile. He rested his head against hers, letting go of a deep breath before asking,

"Do you love me?"

Odessa furrowed her brows at the question, she loved the man with all her being. She rubbed her nose against his, making his lips curl up slightly.

"Of course I do." She whispered, her warm breath hitting his face. "What's going on, Buck?"

Bucky let go of a deep sigh and closed his eyes, memories of HYDRA came flooding back to him. He hated having nightmares about them. He hated remembering the lengths at which they made him go. He hated knowing that he killed people for them-

-some of whom were his friends.

"I had a nightmare," Bucky paused. "about HYDRA." He whispered, just at the few words, Odessa's grip tightened on him. She couldn't even begin to imagine what nightmares he was plagued with from that place.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She whispered back, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

Bucky shook his head. He didn't want to relive the memories anymore than he already had today.

Odessa understood that he didn't want to, but she could tell that something else was still bothering him.

"What are you thinking about, Bucky?" She questioned, her fingers tracing soft patterns against his skin.

"Promise me you're not going anywhere?" He questioned softly. He was terrified of losing the girl once and for all.

The brunette seemed slightly taken back by his request, so Bucky avoided all eye contact. She cupped the man's cheek and made him look at her. Her finger ran along his bottom lip before she placed a soft kiss on them.

"I promise." Odessa whispered. She didn't want to leave him. Not now, not ever.

Bucky was her safe place, he made her feel welcome and happy. He made her feel complete. She didn't feel like a part of her was missing when she was with him.

"I love you Bucky. I always will." She attempted to reassure him. Bucky closed his eyes and nuzzled closer into her palm. Her touch was so gentle and comforting.

"It's just me and you?" Bucky questioned, being his hand up to tuck some of the girls hair behind her ear.

Odessa smiled and whispered, "Until the end of the line."

Bucky let out a soft chuckle. It was something the pair had began to say often. And every time they said it, it brought a new memory back of Steve and his days in the 1940's.

Odessa rested her head against Bucky's with a soft smile, she could hear the soft pitter patter of the rain from outside, which was closely followed by thunder and lightening.

The girl slowly laid back down, pulling Bucky with her. He rested his head on her stomach as she combed her fingers back through her hair.

"Go back to sleep, Sarge." She whispered softly as his eyes fluttered closed. Odessa hummed a small tune until she felt him fall asleep.