[55] ✽ A Day To Remember ✽

Start from the beginning

You shook your head, mumbling over a hundred denials and Seokjin only frowned.

"Why?"

"I didn't help you to get something in return Seokjin."

You thought you heard a small scoff from behind but brushed it aside. Seokjin was still staring at you like he could not process your words. Then he blinked, leaning back into his chair.

"Right. I didn't mean it the wrong way though."

"Don't worry."

You waved a hand and returned to sip your drink. Today was Monday, a day people usually dread and it would have been the same for you if not for your boss's kindness to give the day off.

It is a quiet and peaceful day and you look around the cafè to see some younger people sitting around.

"But Yuna I didn't fail to realise that you look pretty in informal outfits."

The feeling of two people staring at your attire made you feel wary and you looked down at your choice of dressing. It was a pair of bright jeans and a white tee. Casual and comfortable.

"Thanks, Seokjin, you don't look bad as well."

"Correction, I never look bad. My handsome face and fashion choice are out of this world."

You snorted at his reply and looked away, your eyes landing on the outfit of your boss. It was like always, the formal clothes of a costly suit. But still, he looked dashing and smart.

His eyes met yours.

Your heart skipped a beat as you casually looked away but your cheeks were growing hot. Did your boss think that you were checking him out?

"Jin, what are we going to do next?"

Jungkook asked as he finally set down his phone. Seokjin hummed, looking everywhere before his eyes landed on you.

"Why don't we let Yuna choose?"

"What?"

Both you and Jungkook asked in unison. You felt his gaze on your head but didn't look back.

"Why me?" You asked again.

"Because I have a feeling you have the best ideas on how to spend the day."

You tried to think of anything but nothing came to your head. Only chilling in your room, sleeping and eating while watching Netflix was the best option you had to relieve the stress out. But you highly doubted they would try such stuff.

A colourful poster on the wall caught your eye and you read it, a smile carving on your lips because you found a good idea.

"Let's go to the carnival then."

"Carnival?"

Both Seokjin and Jungkook asked together, exchanging confused glances at one another before setting their attention back on you.

You nodded, "how can I forget that there is a mini carnival around this time of the year? But if we go now we can try many different things."

"Like?"

"Well, there are different stalls for games and food along with a nice view to enjoy the place. Do you guys want to go with me?"

Seokjin nodded and you happily beamed at him.

"I never went to such festivities but sounds fun. I want to try."

"I-" Jungkook was about to speak but his off rang in his hand and he looked at it, grimacing before silencing the noise, "-I think I'll pass."

Your heart dropped and you couldn't lie that you were disappointed to hear such a response. Usually, your boss would be excited but he seemed gloomier than usual.

"Why?" You softly asked.

He gave you a sympathetic expression, "I am sorry but I never attend such activities. Moreover, I think it's better I lea-"

"Just shut up and join Jungkook. Can't you see Yuna is upset?"

You opened your mouth to say you were not upset but Seokjin shushed you with a finger on his lips and you obliged, frowning. Jungkook looked torn as he glanced at his phone then at you before glancing at Seokjin. Then he sighed.

"All right, let's go to the carnival together."