Chapter 23 FarReach

It has been three weeks and there have been no signs of anything unusual. Foxbold has been ruthless in everyone's training.

Foxbold: Ishi. Get up.

Ishi: Gha..... You.... broke both my....legs.... and you still tell me to stand?!

Foxbold: Niko, Heal her.

Niko: Hey, You can't just order me around.

Foxbold: Deekin. Tell her to heal Ishi. She hasn't fully awaken her artifact's power. 

DDDeekin: Whoa! Whoa! I'm not her boss! I'm her boyfriend!

Ishi: What more do you want from me?! I used to only be able to have a wing and a helmet when I transform!

Foxbold: And now you have some boots. What a massive difference. 

DDDeekin: What the heck man?!

Foxbold: I'm sorry.... I must push you all.... We aren't ready....

Ishi: You sent Eric and Shawn away just so they can't see what you are doing to us!

Foxbold: Yes......

Coal: You are a jerk. You only want us to be strong so we can cover your hide.

Foxbold: Yes..........That is exactly the reason....

Niko uses the regeneration spell on Ishi to fix her legs

Ishi: Thanks.

Niko: You are welcome. I say we leave. There is no reason we should put up with this crap.

Coal: Yeah.

Foxbold: If I die.... Then... you won't die. Worse. You will be reset. You will all live lives without ever knowing each other.... You will be discard as less then worthless.

Coal: Yeah yeah. Why should we listen to you?

Foxbold: Because....You shouldn't. I pushed you all too hard. My last request is do as you will.... I can't make you train any more then you are doing now and now that you are all leaving my days are numbered. Please enjoy time with your partners. I have given you the power to do the deed that will change your lives forever.

Coal: Huh? But weren't you going to give it to us after we defeat-

Foxbold: I changed my mind. Go....

Ishi: But....Why?

Foxbold: I will die someday. I realized that if you failed you would never get the chance. There is no point in dying without getting a chance to make love-

Ishi blushing: M-make l-love?!

Foxbold: I just assumed that is what you wanted to do with your partners. Do as you wish.....

Niko: gha....... Now I just feel bad.

Coal: Me too...

Ishi: We can train together more but can we at least see them?

Foxbold: You may. Training is over for today.

Everyone sighs in relief. 

Niko: I mean we are stronger but.... how much more? I mean now I can seal away things like curses or spirits but.... I don't actually feel like this is the KEY to victory.

DDDeekin: hehehe! Good one Niko!

Coal cringing: No.... that one hurt.... 

Later on the full group once again regroups.