Chapter 15: You only get ONE shot

In the great beyond or the infinite cosmos, a soul finds itself floating in darkness. The spirit that reincarnated many of the kobolds appears before the spirit.

Spirit: Hello Mr. Hue. Upon consideration of God himself you are one of extremely few souls allowed out of Hell and given another chance. You should be grateful. 

Mr. Hue: ...

Spirit: You did many horrible things in your life, but you at your core a misguided and possibly even kind. 

Mr. Hue: ...

Spirit: ...

Mr. Hue: ...

Spirit: Um... Mr. Hue? Are you even listening to me? Please respond...

Mr. Hue blinking: ...

Spirit: Oh, I nearly forgot. They ripped off your tongue when you died and they ripped off your spiritual tongue in Hell. 

Mr. Hue nodding: ...

Spirit: I of course will not allow you to return to your world. I will reincarnate you into another world. You will live out your days as a kobold. 

Mr. Hue: ...

Spirit: You remember killing many of them back at your world? Mr. Hue, due to your crimes you will not be selecting your traits although you can't because of your tongue. You will be a genderfluid scaly kobold. Your class will be be cleric and artificer.

Mr. Hue: ...

Spirit: You want to be reincarnated as a fox? Sorry but the terms are already in place. oh and unlike other spirits who have been reincarnated you will only have parts of your memories. You will always feel the sense that you need to make up for your crimes. Press start.

A ghostly start button appears in front of Mr. Hue who quickly presses the location where a exit button would be found in a game.

Spirit: Can you not? Look Mr. Hue, I know you want to go back to Hell to atone for your sins but this is it. If you die again and you haven't changed then you will burn forever more.

Mr. Hue nods and presses start.

Mr. Hue was born into a kobold family that was spared being slain by humans and in return were devoted to worshiping their God. Mr. Hue's new name is Niko. At times his family worries that their child is possessed, as Niko never cried once and hardly ever talked. Niko was only really cared about his/her parents after they died of illness. Niko swears that for now on he/she will love them and honor them. Niko is the executioner of the church as he/she has no problem with killing. Niko heard a rumor that the prized artifact of the upcoming event had the power to rewrite history or possibly bring back the dead. Niko knew she/he had to win that prize no matter what.

At Eric

Shawn: 7!

Foxbold: 6!

DDDeekin: 5!

Ruby: 4!

Coal: 3!

Ishi: 2!

Eric: 1!

System:       Event: Oneshot begins now.

The sun goes out and the lightbulbs in everyone's hand starts glowing brightly and warmly.

Coal: yeah... This is going to be tough. the lightbulbs are so fragile that they only have 1 hp and will break if we even put it in our bags.

Eric: This isn't about winning. It's about having fun.