Chapter 22 Tomb of Annihilation part 2

The groups head deeper down the winding staircase leading even deeper into the dungeon. The aura this place was giving off started creeping them out. They see a warning on a bronze plaque on the north wall. 
"Walk through water with weapon in hand. Slake your shadow at the font. The vulture is the first step. Right the gods. The walls of history tell all."

Ishi: Vulture?

Niko: History? Blah!

Coal: come on guys. Lets just go.

There is something about this layer that makes the group uneasy. there seems to be some sort of growth on the walls, ceiling, and floor. It's like some sort of mold but far bigger and purple. sometimes it would release a harmless cloud of spores.

DDDeekin: So much mold.....  

Ishi: Oh no. I'm not doing this! Not like they want me to do! I seen it happen before!

Ruby: what are you talking about?

Ishi: I seen a demi-human get eaten by mold! It is NOT pretty! It grows tentacles or something and pull you into it's mass.

Coal: So mold is that bad then?

Niko now shaken with fear: Guys..... I think we gotten far enough.... Let's just go out.... We don't need any more........ I think it's looking at me.....

Ruby: Oh come on. Mold can't see.

DDDeekin: We got so far! We can't turn back now!

Ishi: I can destroy the mold. it just needs a little flame. Sacred flames.

Ishi uses sacred flames that burns away the mold making it shrivel up and die.

They group then comes across a huge carving of a snarling jackal's head that protrudes from the wall at the end of the corridor. A chamber is visible through the gaps between its fangs.

Ishi: Heck no! I'm not looking though it's jaws!

Coal! Yeah! That has to be a trap!

Ruby: It's only going to chomp down on our head the moment we put our head in!

DDDeekin: 100% agreed....

Niko: This is a relief. This I'm comfortable with.

Ruby: Are you mental?!

Ishi: You really shouldn't.....

Niko ignores the group and looks through the fangs.

Niko: I see another room. There is a guy in there.... Hey! Be careful! Their are freaking symbols on the tiles on the floor! It has to be a trap! Dude! Dude!......yikes....eeehh.......ugh....yuck....... Well that guy is gone.

DDDeekin: Doom......Big scary doom right?

Niko: Yup. Pretty much.

Ruby: That is nice and all but what exactly is in there? If you saw a person go through it you should know which tiles he pressed and which one was wrong.

Niko: Yeah but we need to find a door into the room to even try. There was a tomb in case you were wondering. Huh? Why are you all looking at me like that? 

Everyone looks at Niko with the expression of "No duh. Of course there would be a tomb in the room she saw."

Niko: Huh?! Why?! You guys didn't even know there was a room until I looked!