Chapter 20 Draco Kobold evolution

For a time nothing really exciting happens. That would change when Eric levels up to level ten Epic Ranger. Those who possess an artifact meet the requirements to level up in one class in it's epic version. Eric is level 50 ranger/10 Epic Ranger. 

Eric: Huh? I leveled up? Thank you Mr. Bandit for your XP. 

Ishi: Huh? Don't thank them. We had a bounty on them. You do know that these guys are the rapist and murderers the Yuuen Town was talking about.

Niko licking her lips: mmm... They REALLY do give nice XP though. Guys! I can harvest human meat from the corpses! You couldn't do that before!

Coal: I think I'm going to be sick...

Eric: Niko NO!

System: Eric, Level 10 Epic Ranger. You are scheduled for an transformation. Please do not change loading zones or log out. Press start when you are ready.

Eric: What? No. I am happy being a kobold.

Foxbold: sigh.... No Eric. You won't change race. You will still be a kobold. Shawn is already undergoing transformation.

Coal: That's why he won't leave his room? I wish you told me sooner!

Eric: What's a loading zone?

Foxbold: It's any portals or entering or exiting buildings.

Eric: Ok. I'll do it now. I don't want to be stuck inside a building and would much rather stay outdoors the entire time.

Niko: Ok so what aren't you telling us?

Foxbold: RUDE! I am not hiding anything! Hey! Kit! Come on! Ok, THAT isn't fair!

Niko: looks like Kit agrees with me.

Foxbold: Epic classes completely overwrite your non Epic class that evolved. Epic classes are far superior to the normal kind. You will slowly lose your Ranger skills and powers and only once you lost everything will the new power set in.

Eric: Oh. HUH?!?!?!! Why didn't you tell me that a few moments ago when I pressed start!?!

Foxbold pushes his glasses up: hmmm. Perhaps you didn't let me finish before you pressed it?

Eric: hehe....how long will this take? 

Foxbold: Three days.

Eric: Three days alone in the woods. I like those odds.

Foxbold: We will come to pick you up at that time ok?

Eric kisses Ishi: I'll be back!

Ishi: O-ok! Stay safe!

Eric sets up a camp in the woods and sleeps through the first day of wait. At night he reviews his powers.

Eric: wait... My stats too? That might be a concern... I lost expert tracking...At least I still have the tracking skill. Better just sleep. I just have two days left of camping.

Eric falls into a peaceful sleep however camping out in the woods did not turn out to be a good idea. Eric wakes up as he gets sliced in the face with a scimitar. His body reflectively hardens casting stone skin reducing the attack from a deadly strike to a minor wound. Eric sees that he is being targeted by two Players with the tag: "Player Killers". 

Eric: H-hey! Y-you cowards! It's not enough that you would attack someone who did nothing to you, but you would snoop so low to attack them in their sleep?!

Player Killer 1: Heh. Aw. He woke up.

Player Killer 2: pff. Noob. Come on. You should have used the blood hunter death strike.