15

(tw: suicide attempt)

months had gone by. the seasons changed and life was moving along.

i was now dating daehyun, who was very supportive and loving.

i attended university as a full time student and even made some friends. one of my old friends happened to attend the same school, so we hung out often.

daehyun suggested that we go on a cruise together during my academic break, so we did.

on the first day, we almost arrived late because i overslept and daehyun had to drag me out of bed.

the cruise was really fun because we spent every minute doing an activity that the cruise had provided.

everything from bowling to partying every night, we were having the time of our lives.

on the sixth night however, things took a turn. one guy had tried approaching me on the dance floor, but daehyun blocked him from me.

it got on his nerves, and daehyun suggested that we do something else, so we went to the karaoke rooms for a bit. i was drunk and sang until my head spun.

we walked along the deck until he received a call from his parents. probably to check up on him, since he lied and said he was going on a trip with his friends.

to make it sound convincing, he went back into the club and persuaded a stranger to pretend for him.

i had some more drinks while he did that. my memory's pretty foggy after that. i know i went to the pool for sure, because the same guy tried getting comfortable with me again.

eventually they went away because some stranger stepped in to help me. i don't really remember the rest.

i was enjoying breakfast in the dining hall with daehyun when i asked him about last night. his recounts matched up with mine, including the stranger too.

"he seemed oddly familiar. as if i've met him before, but i could have been just drunk," he casually shrugged it and drank his orange juice.

today was the last day of the trip. i was dressed in a yellow, floral patterned sundress that matched daehyun's striped shirt. we took lots of pictures today, and ate delicious foods.

to end the trip, everyone was in the dining hall for the last meal before we returned to land. we visited the merchandise store onboard and bought a few souvenirs.

i knew sooah and soobin would be delighted to have these gifts, so i picked it out carefully.

daehyun was in our room packing our stuff and double checking that we didn't leave any of our belongings behind.

i was walking down the hallway to my room when a really pretty girl exited her room. she looked as if she was from a webtoon, like true beauty.

her expression seemed sad at first, but it turned into pure anger when she looked at me. walking past me, her shoulder bumped against mine.

when i shot her a look, all she did was glare before turning walking off.

i was confused.

the same door opened again, and a very familiar person stepped out.

logan lee?

in his hand was a small velvet box and i was almost a hundred percent sure that it was a ring.