27

the morning sun is shining on me as i groan and flip over so that i'm lying on my stomach. i grab the blanket and pull it over my head.

downstairs, i hear chatter and the sound of people laughing- presumably grandma and grandpa.

the noise dies down a bit after a while, and i bury my head under the blanket even more. after a while, it gets stuffy and i can't breathe so i kick the blanket off again.

the sun is in my face again so i mutter, "are you kidding me," before covering my face with the blanket again.

the door to my room opens and i assume it's grandma coming to wake me up. the footsteps that approach the bed isn't like hers, so i assume it's grandpa. but it's when i feel a weight on the bed that i turn to see who it is.

i met face to face with logan, whose grinning widely as he laid down next to me.

instinctively, i throw my arms around his shoulder and wrap my leg around his.

"i missed you," i hug him tightly, and he reciprocates it, his hands stroking my hair.

"i'm glad to hear that," he said, and i spot the digital clock on the nightstand that reads '7:03 am' before gasping.

"how early did you get up to come here?" i break the hug and he purses his lips, before saying, "i couldn't sleep. i just waited til almost 4 am and i just got up to freshen up. then i drove down here, chatted with the old ladies and your grandparents. then i got to see my favorite sleepy head!" he grins again as he pecks my forehead before pulling me into his chest.

"what a surprise, though. i didn't think you'd come all the way down here," i wrap my arms around his neck and realize he's wearing his work attire.

i frown at him and ask, "don't you have work today?" and he grins back, "yeah. but who's gonna scold me for going to work late? the employees?"

"me." i joke and he grins, as he wraps his arms around my back and sits up, pulling me up in the process as well.

i bury my face in his neck and take in his scent. he twirls a strand of my hair when my grandma pokes her head into the room.

she grins at the sight, and says, "both of you come downstairs for some breakfast!"

i wash up, and the whole time logan's just standing next to me in the tiny bathroom. he checks himself out in the mirror before landing his eyes on me, and i turn to look at him.

"what's with you this morning? i was literally gone for a day," i joke and he purses his lips.

"i don't know either. i'm always so worried that something might happen to you," he confesses and i sigh.

"i understand your concern, but i hope i don't add too much of a burden onto your shoulders. just know that i'm pretty capable of taking care of myself too," i reassure him and he smiles.

we bid my grandparents goodbye after breakfast and i'm practically in tears when i'm hugging my grandma.

she pats my back and wipes the tears out of my eyes, smiling widely.

"see you next time, my dear," she grins.

while seated in the passenger of logan's car, i watch as my grandparents' figures get smaller and smaller in the distance as the car leaves the village.

we enjoy the moving landscape as we head back to the city. once we arrived at his company, i looked at him in surprise.

"i have school today," i said, as he looks over to me and grins.