21

the sound of water running was heard.

with my feet still planted firmed on the ground, i tilted my head in confusion. bringing a finger up to my lip and pressing on it, i wondered if he was upset and why?

i entered the bathroom and stood at the doorframe, watching as he combed his hair.

"logan?" i asked. there was no reply.

"are you upset?" i looked at him in the mirror and got no response.

getting a bit annoyed, i snatched the comb out of his hand. his uninterested eyes finally looked me, and he extended a hand out.

"give it back, i'm tired," he said, and i shook my head.

"why are you ignoring me?" i crossed my arms, staring at him for an answer.

he turned back to the sink and began to fill his cup with water. applying toothpaste onto his toothbrush, he began brushing his teeth and ignored me once again.

"why can't you just tell me instead of ignoring me?" i asked him again, but he just focused on brushing.

placing the comb down on the counter, i muttered "what the fuck" under my breath before leaving his room.

"mmm, this soup," alex said to himself, as he took spoonfuls from the big bowl in front of him.

"logan's ignoring me and i don't know why," i said, pulling out a chair.

i sat down propped my chin under my palms, watching as alex take a big bite of rice with a piece of bulgogi. 

"i smell a couple fight," he said, pretending to shiver as he took a bite of the radish.

"but he's never been like this before. and one of my pet peeves is the silent treatment. it's stupid and you don't get anything resolved! communication is key, isn't it?" i rambled on.

alex closed his eyes and let out a breath of satisfaction from the delicious food he was enjoying.

this guy, i swear.

with the delicious dishes on the table, i normally would have pigged out as soon as i saw it, but i lost my appetite.

"what if you fucked another guy last night and he found out?" he asked, reaching for a piece of the steamed fish.

"i remember what happened while i was out at the club, and that didn't occur," i rolled my eyes, drumming my fingers on the table.

this guy could never be serious.

i could be dying and he would still be unfazed.

"what if you did it on accident and forgot?" at this point, he wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying. he was so busy stuffing his face with food.

"how... do you fuck someone on accident? and forget??" i scoffed, shooting daggers at him but he didn't give a single shit.

"let him be," alex said.

i stormed off to my room.

these two brothers really are something else.

the next day, logan also left earlier than usual. alex finally had some business to attend to, so he went to work.

there was nothing for me to do at home anyways.

like usual, i packed my backpack with some study materials before heading to a nearby cafe.