14

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。third person ˚ ☁︎ ˚

unless most days, today was a rather gloomy day. the sun was nowhere to be seen, and the sky was filled with gray clouds instead.

seated in the back of secretary hong's car, logan stared out the window, anticipating to catch a glimpse of her again.

it was days like these, when he missed her like crazy, and the guilt was chewing away at him.

it had been several weeks since that messy breakup in his office, and the words exchanged between them haunted him everyday.

he carried around a heavy heart, because the events of that day replayed in his head so often.

she looked worn out and miserable that day. his heart was torn at the sight of her crying and screaming at him, but he had to remain emotionless.

he hated seeing her cry. he knew how much pain and betrayal she had already been through. despite being tough, she carried heavy burdens on her shoulders.

but that was the only way to drive her away from him. he loved her with every ounce of him, but her parents were right. he jeopardized her safety, despite all his attempts to protect her.

in order to protect her, he dressed up as gu hodong everyday, and went to school to keep an eye on her, aside from gathering insider information.

for her, he would give up all of his properties and money without hesitation.

networking and business relationships were the only things he cared about. personal connections and emotions in general, were worthless to him.

in the competitive world that he grew up in, nothing mattered besides money and power. aside from family, no one was tolerated. just like the myriads of secretaries logan had before secretary hong.

he was ruthless with workload and because of his workaholic personality, secretary hong was one of the rare individuals that kept up with his fast pace.

life was bland to him because he could get anything and everything he wanted with a snap of a finger. life was also passing him by, he had limited friends that he barely spoke to, and he was strictly professional and business-oriented.

she threw him off. that fiery temper of hers, and the charismatic side that she had, easily drew him in like a moth to a flame.

he had met countless women of all types, so it wasn't like he was inexperienced. they were beautiful, interesting and talented, but no one managed to secure a grip of him. no one that turned him into a lovesick fool at the mere sight of them, like she did.

she made him feel needed, and special. women were attracted to his usual stoic and intimidating persona, but that wasn't who he really was.

to say that he was devastated, was an understatement.

replaying the series of events that landed her in the hospital, he sighed.

it had been past been midnight that day and he had sent so many messages to her, worried about her safety.

knowing that she was in close proximity of joo dantae, he regretted not stopping her from leaving his place that night.