6

logan sent me home that night after taking me to the supermarket to buy more snacks. he insisted that i kept the outfit because he said he liked it on me.

it was monday again and for once i wasn't running late to school. things were looking great and i even got invited to seokkyung's house today.

i even met their mom, who introduced herself as ms. shim, and in my opinion, she's super pretty.

we hung around in their study room and just talked about school gossip. but mostly they were talking trash about the rest of the popular kids at school.

after a while i decided to go home and 'study.' but actually i was just tired of them and seokhoon offered to walk me down to the lobby, which i caught seokkyung's glare towards him. i declined before i left.

it was night time and i was admiring the pretty view again while i walked to secretary hong's car down the street.

i noticed a girl standing in the middle of the street, as a big truck sped towards her, not showing any signs of slowing down.

what is wrong with the driver?

i was not about to witness a life get taken in front of me, so i dropped my backpack swiftly and sprinted to the girl, pulling us both out of the way.

we both hit the pavement with a loud thud, but she fell onto me, and i groaned as i felt my head throb because it hit the cement.

"sooji!" secretary hong hollered as he scrambled out of his car, almost tripping along the way.

i checked to see if the girl was alright and found myself making eye contact with a very familiar face.

bae rona.

this is not the time for secretary hong to be hollering my real name like that.

"jung jiyeon?" rona stared at me with her big eyes, in confusion.

"rona, what were you even trying to do earlier?" i asked, immediately feeling really bad. i was 'friends' with the people that bullied her into her, and i did nothing about it.

"you know exactly why i did this," she said, and got up, brushing herself off.

"no, wait rona!" i called out to her, as she patted the dust off of her and grabbed her backpack, as i watched the scary looking truck driver leave his car.

"what were you thinking?" he grabbed rona's shoulder and forcefully turned her, making her face him.

i quickly got up from my spot on the ground, and grimaced, as my bones ached and my ankle felt a bit fucked up.

secretary hong was still pale in the face when he rushed over to me and inspected me, and i reassured him that i was fine.

when i turned around, the truck driver was starting to drive off and rona was already walking off in the distance.

worried that she might try to do it again, i limped as i jogged to her, feeling much difficulty in a simple action.