25

the air was cold as the wind blew across my face, but that was not the reason why i had goosebumps all over my body.

my limbs shook in fear as i approached the unconscious body with caution. tears slipped out of my eyes with each shaky step that i took.

"rona!" i screamed, the sound piercing the air. the sight of the trophy wing protruding from the top of her head made me even more frightened.

i was in so much disbelief and fear that i didn't know what to do.

"soo-" daehyun began to call out, but he stopped when he took in the sight in front of him. he widened his eyes, and gasped.

"w-what happened?" he covered his hand with his mouth, his eyes meeting my frightened ones.

"c-call for help p-please," i sobbed, dropping my gaze down to poor rona. her blood stained my hands and the lower region of my dress, but it didn't matter.

i heard the sound of footsteps disappearing while i stayed frozen, kneeling on the pavement that rona was lying on.

"who did this to you..." i hiccuped as i cried uncontrollably. with each second that passed, i grew more and more worried whether rona would survive this.

"rona!" seokhoon's voice roared, as he rushed down the steps frantically, almost missing one.

"what the hell happened?" he breathed, his eyes filled with tears that threatened to fall.

"i came looking for her, and found her like this," i bawled, as the sound of commotion filled the air around me.

students, parents, staff were spilling out of the building, looking at the situation. seokhoon immediately took off his blazer to cover rona so people couldn't keep staring at her.

"what are you looking at? call the fucking ambulance!" seokhoon hollered at them, the volume of his voice startling me.

"i've called them," daehyun spoke.

logan pushed himself through the crowd of people before crouching down to my eye level.

"is rona still breathing?" he immediately recognized her by the dress she was wearing.

"i don't know, she's not moving or responding," i replied, beginning to feel even more helpless.

the ambulance arrived and of course, seokhoon didn't leave rona's side. he followed the paramedics as she was transferred into the vehicle.

meanwhile, logan and i rushed to the hospital.

"are you hurt anywhere?" he asked, referring to the blood on my hands and dress.

"no. but rona was already unconscious when i spotted her," i said, curling my hands in my lap, still shaking from the incident.

we arrived at the hospital where seokhoon was hollering at the staff to have rona quickly treated.

"we can't seem to find an available doctor-" a scared nurse tried to explain to seokhoon, but he wasn't having it.

"how the fuck do you not have enough doctors in a hospital?? she's dying!" seokhoon yelled, a vein popping out on the side of his temple.

i felt so helpless as i stood there,  not being able to do anything. logan was already making phone calls when an idea popped into my head.