19

dressed in her cheongah uniform, yoo jenny looked super apologetic.

tightening her grip on the fruit basket, she took brave steps forward before standing in front of me.

her lip quivered, as if she had something to say but couldn't. instead, she bowed, so that the top of her head was reaching eye level with me.

"jenny," i said, in a surprised tone, as she stood up straight again, "what are you doing here?"

"i came here to see rona... also i want to thank you guys," she said, nervously. her eyes were full of sincerity.

i was confused so i looked to daehyun, who glanced back before speaking.

"she's been bullied pretty badly at school. when rona found out, she urged for me to protect jenny. just like how you protected rona even when she tried pushing you away," daehyun said, his eyes meeting with jenny, who was giving him a thankful smile.

"has seokkyung and the others been doing this to you?" i asked her, and she bit her lip, hesitating to nod.

and then she suddenly burst into tears.

"sorry you have to see me like this, but going to school everyday is so difficult. i'm the outcast of cheongah," she sobbed, and i stood up to give her a hug.

"is it because of minhyuk?" daehyun asked, and we both turned to look at him.

"what do you mean?" jenny sniffed, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"you like him, but he's making fun of you and enjoys seeing you suffer," daehyun said, and jenny brought a finger to her lip, making a 'shh' sound.

she looked so flustered that she dragged daehyun by the wrist down the hall.

turning my attention back to logan, he faced me and asked, "so what's your favorite color? you can't say none."

rolling my eyes, i looked back at him but this man was dead serious.

"i don't know," if he wanted me to rack my brain and think of a color, i just can't. because why does it even matter?

"but i just want to prove a point that i know you better than daehyun does," he said, giving a small pout and i chuckled.

"of course you know me better than he does, why do you have to prove it?" i asked him, and he opened his mouth to say something, but closed it.

the sound of a baby crying was heard so the two of us went into the room excitedly.

rona was holding a tiny baby in her arms, adoring it.

but darn, babies really look like baked potatoes at birth.

"naeun-ah, meet your auntie sooji and uncle logan," rona cooed, gently lifting her baby's hand to make it look like she's waving to us.

"hello naeunie, how are you?" i asked her, shaking her tiny little fist.

but she lifted her hand as if she was going to swing at me.

"woah," seokhoon looked at his daughter in amazement, "she's fierce like rona."

"give her a few years and she'll be beating up all the boys in school," i joked, as i watched naeun yawn.

daehyun and jenny entered the room, causing rona's eyes to light up.

"jenny!" she exclaimed, as jenny placed down the flowers and fruit basket on the table before giving her a gentle hug.