Chapter 15.5: Special.

Start from the beginning

Vincent embarrassingly nods, not used to the acceptance. "I-If you say so maybe... I could try it on?"

"Trust me I have a thing for fashion and I'm really envious of your good figure right now."

Indeed Vincent really had a nice figure. "T-Thank you, your highness. Ah actually I was meant to ask this but Kein gave you two baskets didn't she?"

"Yeah, a cat one which I will keep and a teddy bear one that was supposed to be for my sister." (Rose)

"So which sister will you give it to? Princess Catherine or Princess Cecilia?" (Vincent)

"Obviously not my elder sister because I fear that... never mind I'm not that close to her so I'll just give this to Catherine and I'm sure she will love it."

Rose holds her basket a little closer to her heart as the two of them decide to browse the store some more before going home.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

At the palace Rose successfully managed to sneak in her window as if on cue her younger sister, the third light princess. Catherine von Goldheart is sitting on her bed waiting for her. Her face full of worry she signed, 'Where have you been? You almost got caught and I had to run and cover for you!'

The third princess is unable to speak so that's why she signs. All the royal family knows how to sign in order to communicate with their youngest one, 'Mother is... looking for you...'

Rose looks sadly at the basket Kein gave her, remembering the tarot reading from the high priest grandma chio. "I see. Let me get changed into proper clothing and then I will visit mother. Can you give me a moment Catherine?"

Catherine nods and signs, 'Of course sister.'

Rose hastily wore her noble dress engraved with the royal seal of the lion. It had a red finish with golden flowers of roses and her tiara. "I will never like these tiaras. Always itchy on the head..." she muttered as she left her room.

Posture straight, chin up, and smile like the world outside is alright. "A real princess must always smile and look elegant wherever she goes."

Is what she was taught all over time in the palace but she has never once heard, "Be a princess that even without the crown in your head you will always be their princess in the eyes of your royal subjects."

It was a belief she made for herself ever since stepping out of the castle and into the city of commoners where conditions of her people were never taught inside the palace. They had always believed that their country was flourishing but no one told her that there were people starving, homeless on the streets, and moving to another place perhaps to start a new life.

She smiles even under the thought of it.

It angers her but she has to smile.

It saddens her that she can't do much about it but she has to smile.