22 - The Fight For Aegis Mansion

Start from the beginning

Light started to gather into the hands of one of the ninjas. I stepped up in front of Irene and Lily. A beam shot out of his hands, heading straight towards us.

The beam deflected off of my shield, drilling a hole into the wall. Irene sparked with electricity, rushing towards them at blinding speeds.

In an instant one ninja was slammed into the wall by the hammer. Irene then slammed the hammer onto the ground, blasting the rest off of their feet.

Non-Arcana wielders have no chance.

I suddenly turned around as Lily smacked another ninja in the head, knocking him out. Thank god she was there...

"Thank you Lily." I smiled.

"No problem." Lily nodded.

Looking back to Irene, all of her enemies were knocked out on the ground, slightly twitching. There had to be at least fifteen of them...

Irene kicked down the door. "Mother?!" She yelled.

We ran inside the room, seeing it was utterly trashed. A scratched up and bloodied Mother stood across from another ninja. This one's garment was blood red instead of black, however.

Mother used to be an Adventurer. How was he giving her such trouble? Well, she is probably extremely rusty...

"Girls?!" Mother exclaimed.

The blood red ninja glanced towards us. He pulled out two katanas sheathed to his waist.

"Nothing personal." He stated.

"Watch out! He has a speed Artifact!" Mother gasped.

In an instant the ninja was in front of us. I wouldn't have enough to time to use my shield...However, Irene matched his speed and blocked the two katanas with her war hammer.

His speed was incredible. That's why Mother was having such trouble. The Artifact he was using must be an extremely high tier one.

He jumped backwards. Mother launched herself at him, a spiky yellow gauntlet in her right hand. That was her own Arcana.

The ninja seemed to glow as in a sudden burst of speed he passed Mother. Mother gasped, collapsing to the ground with a small blood pool gathering around her.

"Mother?!" Irene and I cried out.

How dare he?! How dare he?!

Irene rushed at the ninja and angrily swung her hammer, however he dodged the attack. He swung his katanas down, but Irene blocked them. She swung her war hammer over her head, slamming it down into the ground and sending shockwaves through the floor.

The ninja jumped over the shockwaves, landing back down uninjured. Being extremely skilled and with such a good Artifact made him an extremely difficult opponent.

And when he glowed...he also must have an Arcana. He's dangerous.

I dragged Mother out of the way as Irene and the ninja continued to fight. I checked the wound through her ripped dress. It's deep.

"We need to stop the bleeding." Lily stated.

I nodded. I ripped off the bottom of Mother's dress, wrapping it around the wound in her torso. We'll need to get her to a healer quick.

I looked back at Irene. She was matching the ninja in an equal fight. If Irene was outside right now, she'd be able to destroy him.

But some of her abilities are too destructive. It could cause the ceiling to collapse on us and kill all of us. And I can't help her either. I can't move as quick as him and Irene yet, and I doubt Lily can either.