32| The End Of Oarburgh

So got some ideas on how I wanted this chapter to go. This chapter is mostly original as the fight between Merraid is supposed to be against Akame. I did use that fight for references and for dialogue, but this chapter is mostly original, so the fight will differ than the one Akame would've had with Merraid.

Anyway, I thank you for reading and hope you enjoy this chapter. I felt satisfied with the end of it and again, I hope you enjoy it.

---

Akira had decided to confront Merraid Oarburgh herself. He felt the need to do this. He first Cornelia to Taeko of Oarburgh, and then it was Gin to Merraid herself. Needless to say, he was pissed. He felt the need to take her on himself in order to get closure for Gin's death, since he's gotten his closure for Cornelia when he killed Taeko.

He took a step forward, dashing with great speed. While it wasn't as fast as Akame or Poney, he's considered the third quickest of the Elite Seven, fourth if Najasho was still there, considering he's essentially the better of everyone else. Tightly gripping the handle of Gin's sword, raising the blade over his head for an overhead attack. But Merraid took a step back as well, from her back, three wrigglers come out, the Oarburgh woman trying to prevent Akira from getting close.

But Akira's bloodlust was great, him reacting quickly as he swiftly cuts them down, his icy cold glare trained on the Oarburgh woman. The icy blue-eyed teen then raises his hand, an icy blast leaving it as Merraid ducks to the side, the ice shot going past her as it lands on the lake behind her, freezing a portion of the lake. When she turned back to look at the boy, Akira was already close enough to get in her face, him raising Gin's sword as he slashes it down. Before the blade could hit her, Merraid was able to kick Akira in his stomach, causing him to be sent back as he skids along the grass, him recovering quickly as he stomps his foot. An explosion of ice occurs as ice spikes begin to make their way towards her, Merraid jumping into the air to avoid it. But she was a bit late on her response, the ice spikes able to cut her as small amounts of blood drips from her side and legs.

She lands a few feet back, her eyes still trained on the icy blue-eyed boy. His ice prowess and his glare reminded her of a person she had fought years ago, one she tried to seduce. Back when she was around the age of twelve or thirteen, Merraid had participated in an arena fight. And during her time there, she met a girl her age who had icy blue hair with nearly the same colored eyes as Akira. In fact, her name is Esdeath, who is the very same General Esdeath of the Empire's army. Merraid knew how tough Esdeath was, noticing how some of her fighting styles were slightly incorporated into Akira's moves as well. So if she came to the conclusion that Akira was trained by Esdeath, even if it was for a little while, it may prove troublesome for her.

Merriad clicks her tongue in annoyance, sending out a few more wrigglers to Akira's location. The boy creates an ice pillar below him to propel himself into the air, taking out Prometheus as he flicks his wrist and fires three quick shots. He uses it's ability to curve the bullets, concentrating severely on the bullet's path. But, this leaves him vulnerable, open to attacks. Merraid uses two of her wrigglers to sacrifice themselves as they take the bullets themselves, Merraid able to dodge the last one. Annoyed that none of his bullets landed a hit, Akira sheathes Gin's sword onto his back, creating ice daggers as he begins throw multiple of them towards Merraid.

Merraid was able to dodge a few of them, but a majority of the ice knives were embedded into her legs, rendering her immobile for a little. Once he landed on the ground, Akira created a slim ice sword, about as long as the one Esdeath carries. He then dashes as fast as he could, prepping to lunge the ice sword into Merraid. But Merraid was prepared for such of an obvious attack, the woman deciding to use all of her remaining wrigglers.