17| Death Draws Near

After Guy had appeared in front of Weneg, the leader of the Gravekeepers grinned. His plan was to make Kurome his wife, but Guy currently stood in the way of that plan.

Naturally, Weneg's most logical option was to eliminate the burly young man of the Elite Seven. And so, Weneg begun to change for thanks to his power as a Gravekeeper.

Guy: "What the...? I don't recognize that creature...is it a Danger Beast!?"

Weneg: "I am Nubis! The divine beast worshiped in this land! His destructive power and restorative ability are beyond compare! Generation after generation, it's one of the forbidden powers the boss can use!"

Weneg had similarly gained the appearance of a dragon-like serpent. Weneg kicks Guy with such force, the young burly man being sent back as he crashes into the wall, a large crater from the impact appearing behind Guy. Guy grits his teeth, launching his own fist forward to counterattack Weneg's punch.

Weneg then uses this as an opening, kneeing Guy in the gut. The young burly man grunts in pain as he skids across the floor.

Guy: "Kuh...!"

Weneg: "I'm already right behind you."

Guy: "Wha!?"

Just as Guy was about to rise up, Weneg had did appear behind him. The leader of the Gravekeepers brought his fist down, it making contact with Guy's face as he was plunged downwards, a crater appearing under Guy as he takes the blow. Natala, Gin, and Kurome watch with worry.

Kurome: "Uh-oh! That was a direct hit...!"

Natala: "Is it...no use?"

The leader of the Gravekeepers then grabs Guy by the front of his collar of the Rare Suit. He then lifts him up, Guy's face about up to Weneg's neck.

Guy: "That's a surprise. Compared to the other Gravekeepers, you're seriously a cut above..."

Weneg: "That's because I'm the boss. Now, to finish you off..."

Guy then smirks. The burly young man then grabs Weneg by the arm, catching the leader of the Gravekeepers' off guard.

Guy: "I'm all fired up now."

Weneg: "What!?"

With Weneg's arms locked in place, using his leg strength, Guy jumps, crashing into the ceiling above them.

Weneg: (shocked) "This guy's...got super-human strength."

Guy: "When it comes to leg strength, I'm far stronger!"

Gin: "Ooh! Wow!"

After crashing into the ceiling, Guy came back down, landing on his back, then sitting up. Weneg's head had crashed into the ceiling above, but it wasn't enough to kill him. He let out a "hmph" as he wiggles himself out, landing on the floor.

Weneg: "If you're so fired up...then I'll do you a favor and really light you up!"

From his mouth, Weneg releases a breath of flames. He smirked to himself, thinking he had the victory. But his eyes widened in shock, Guy seemingly not sustaining the damage at all. In fact, the burly young man was charging in, rushing through the flames.

Weneg then took a projectile and threw it at Guy, him tanking the hit from the chest. Weneg gritted his teeth in frustration, taking his walking cane and turning it into a spike. He then throws it, it striking Guy. But Guy started to crumble, the young burly having left an earth clone in it's place. Guy then burrows from underneath, appearing behind Weneg with a smirk on his face. But he didn't have time to react, Guy punching Weneg in the back so hard that he was sent flying and crashing into the wall.

Gin: "He did it!"

Natala: (stunned) "How can he be so strong without even doping up...?"

Kurome: "That's the select team for you..."

Weneg: (rising from rubble) "That's quite some muscle for one so young...you're a formidable opponent. The tomb of Putra's king has a long history. There have been skillful tomb raiders like you before. But without exception, every last one of them met certain death. All intruders fall at the hands of the Royal Family's curse."

Guy: "You just killed them. That's all. I'm not going to die."

Weneg: "Oh, yes you will. The stronger you are, the stronger the curse."

Guy: (laughs) "All this blabbering is just so you can buy more time to recover. Well, I'm not going to give it to you!"

Guy then dashes forward, going for another attack at Weneg. However, Weneg's grin only grew wider, the older man remaining in his spot.

Weneg: "You ought to listen to your elders!"

And in the blink of an eye, Weneg had instantly appeared in front of Guy. The leader then elbows Guy in his stomach, making Guy cough up some blood. Despite having faltered slightly, an earth hand appears from the ground, grabbing Weneg's leg, his turn to now be shocked.

Weneg: (thoughts) 'I didn't realize he was capable of this, too!'

Guy: "Act like a man and stay still so we can have a proper fist fight!"

The two were now locked in a fist fight, blocking blow for blow from each other. From Weneg's back, a sharp object was then extended, Guy catching it in time before it could stab him. Guy then snaps it off, making Weneg grunt in pain as Guy prepares for a final blow.

Guy: "It ends now!"

After snapping the sharp object, which was Weneg's tail, he grabs Weneg by the leg. Guy begins to swing Weneg around, gaining momentum as he does so.

Weneg: "So you're planning to hurl me against the wall...? I wouldn't do that if I were you. You'll only end up dead."

Guy: (grin) "I'm going to end your life with this! So get ready!"

Weneg: (face darkens) "Time to say goodbye."

After spinning for considerably long enough, Guy hurls the boss into the wall, half of Weneg's head stuck into the wall. Guy was now out of breath, thinking he finally killed him, as was the other three assassins.

Guy: (pants) "...It's finished."

Gin: "He beat the boss."

Kurome: "...Amazing."

Guy: "It's no big deal. This is what you call 'strongest contender.' Now to save you guys..."

Before he could continue, Guy's head begins to burst slightly, pools of blood streaming from his head. This catches the other three assassins off guard, looking to Weneg, who was coming out of the wall with a grin on his face.

Weneg: "See? It's started. The curse. You're dead."

Guy: (weakened) "What do you mean...cursed? Don't mess around. If you're still standing...then I'll...take you out again..."

The mask of the Rare Suit then disappears, Guy falling face forward as more blood begins to pool out of his head. This was the secret art Weneg had referred to before.

The "Royal Family's Curse" channels the damage he took in from his opponent, channeling them back to them. So in turn, Guy's strength was used against him. Guy didn't seem to be moving, the other three assassins having their mouths agape.

Weneg: "It seems a number of my Gravekeepers have been defeated, but...I have a good hundred or so compatriots left who can fight. It's checkmate for you."

Outside

Bill: "I can't believe you came as backup...you have my thanks." (thoughts) 'Those still waiting, those who got in...and everyone sent as backup are inhumanly strong. Inside that tomb...it's going to be an even ghastlier hell...!'