29| Mourning

In a ruined area, many piles of debris and broken buildings lying about, Green came to a stopping point, breathing heavily. He heard footsteps behind him, turning his head around to see it was Daniel, the Oarburgh butler still able to keep up with him.

Daniel: "So you've run out of stamina. Even though you're my enemy, I commend how much distance you covered in your retreat."

Green: (panting heavily) "I ran...all that way...how can you be so composed...?"

Daniel: "I am from Grim Reaper's Oarburgh. With my transient mallet, I will lead you to hell."

Green: "Not if I...can help it!"

Taking out Sidewinder, Green has his Shingu thwip and thrash around. But Daniel was quite tough, dashing forward as he takes Green's attack head on, seemingly unfazed.

Daniel: "So you still insist on pointless struggle..."

Green: "Wha...!?"

Daniel: "These whip strikes may sting, but they carry no weight. I just have to break through before I take too much damage..."

The Oarburgh's clothes were being ripped to shreds, the sleeves on his arms having been teared off. Now close enough, Daniel lands a powerful punch on Green's chest, causing the black haired teen to crash into some of the rocks and debris lying behind him.

Daniel: (surprised) "You survived that...? Hrm. My senses were dulled by all that blood loss."

Green: "W-Wait please...I want to live more than to die...I'll give information."

Daniel: "No need. We've already secured our captives."

Green: "Barbara, was it? And Taeko-san. They were both strong opponents."

Daniel: (thoughts) '...! ...Barbara.'

Green: "How about it? There's all sorts I can tell you. I even heard their last words. I know who killed Taeko-san."

Daniel: "...Hearing that won't bring them back. Now be a good little boy and die."

Green: (panicking) "W-W-Wait, please! I'll even tell you who's pulling the strings. I'll do anything!"

Daniel: "Don't you think this pleading is pathetic? Now please be quiet and die."

Green: (grin) "I don't think that. In times like these, I'll carry on fighting for my life to the bitter end."

Daniel then perks up as he turns his head around slightly. His eyes widened as he sees two people coming into view. Poney was currently barreling her way towards Daniel, a massive grin on her face while Akira rode atop her shoulders. Prometheus was out of it's holster, the revolver aimed at Daniel.

Green didn't run out of stamina. His panicking was also nothing more than a ruse. The area they were in was the rendezvous point, and Daniel happened to be caught in it.

Akira fires a shot from Prometheus, Daniel throwing some pebbles to block the shot. But Green came prepared, using Sidewinder as he restricts one of Daniel's arms. Akira then leaps off of Poney's back, the auburn haired girl running at full speed before she jumped and lunged her foot out, Daniel blocking Poney's attack with both arms as Green releases Sidewinder off Daniel. But now unable to defend himself, Daniel using both arms, Akira smirks in reply, him coming down from the air as he fires one final shot.

The bullet then curves, Daniel could only do nothing but watch as the bullet makes his way towards him. Akira's bullet then enters Daniel's head, going through his skull and brain as blood flew in the air, the head butler of Oarburgh falling dead on his side.