30| Preparations, Day Of The Raid

A few hours had passed since Gozuki had informed Green, Poney, and Akira of the current plan. As two people of Gozuki's friends were scouting out the Oarburghs hideout, one of them had arrived at the shack they were staying and stepped inside to catch up with Gozuki. It was a buff man with a spiky beard and two pointy hairs on the side of his head. His name is Shuten, one of the Four Rakshasas Demons from the Temple of the Imperial Fist.

Shuten: "It appears the recently arrived spies of Sweun have already been captured by the enemy."

Gozuki: "The enemy has taken to more violent methods. They certainly won't hold back with Akira and Poney, not after they got away once."

Shuten: "We can't send any new spies into Sweun...they'll only get killed. So I guess all we can do is sit tight for a few days until Suzuka comes with that medicine."

One of the Four Rakshasas Demons, Suzuka, had infiltrated the Oarburghs lair. Inside, the woman was able to locate the holding cell they were holding Akame and Kurome, having found out that the two sisters were infected with insects in their bodies by Merraid.

So for now, all they had to do was wait for Suzuka to retrieve the insecticide from Doctor Stylish and hand it to the two sisters.  

Shuten: "My injuries should be fully healed by then too, so the timing is perfect."

Gozuki: (sips sake cup) "While we're 'sitting tight'...we could also give the police descriptions of the Oarburghs."

Shuten: "That'll do no good once they disguise themselves. The police will completely miss them."

Gozuki: "So? It'll make them think we're desperately looking for them too. I mean, we've already found their hideout."

Shuten: "I see."

Gozuki: (sweat drops) "By the way, will Mez be all right on her own keeping an eye on the hideout?"

Shuten: "She may be your daughter, but you musn't dote on her. She's got a good head on her shoulders. As good as the kids you raised."

Shuten then looks towards the three Elite Seven kids with a terrifying grin, causing Poney and Green to shiver under his gaze. Akira, not so much.

Poney: "Daddy's friend sure is stern. His gaze is so intense."

Akira: "Since he's helping out, we'll have to trust him." 

Green: "In any case, we'll just have to do what we can until our surprise attack."

The two sat in front of Green, their eyes trailing lower down to his hands. In his Green's hands were pestle and mortar, some herbs in it that he was grinding. Poney then puts her hand on her chin as she narrows her eyes, like she was in a thinking position.

Poney: "A medicine that works against insects...you think it'll work?"

Akira: "It has to."

Green: "If it works even a little bit, we'll have reason to celebrate."

Akira: "But Suzuka-san's report did sound promising."

Green: "I feel better hearing that everyone's being treated well, and it sounds like they'll be able to take care of that matter with the eggs. But at the same time, I have a whole new worry. She was saying something about 'the right way for girls to love one another'..."

Poney: (devious grin) "You could always be a man and save her. That just might win Akame's heart."

From what Poney said, Green's thought process seemed to have froze as he was unresponsive. Even when Poney and Akira had got up from their seats and start snapping their fingers and waving their hands in front of him.