12| No Rest

The rest of the Elite Seven had traveled to where Cornelia had perished, and found Akira leaning against a wall, aimlessly looking at the sky. When Akame glanced at his icy blue eyes, she noticed they didn't have the familiar glow they always had.

Though it wasn't surprising, considering he was the first to witness their comrade's death. Najasho kept his stern look, but looked down. He never showed it, but he did care for his teammates. Green, Guy, Akame, and Poney were doing their best to hold back their tears. They covered the blonde girl's body with flowers, however, Guy kept staring at the grave.

Gozuki: "...Guy. Time to leave."

Guy: "Those flowers are not enough, Father. I must find more..."

Gozuki: "There's no time. There will be danger if we stay here any longer."

Guy: "Are we going to leave Cornelia all by herself...?"

Poney: "Guy..."

Gozuki: (sigh) "Yes. Because she is dead."

Guy: "The ones who killed her were the Oarburgh? I will make those bastards pay! Tell me who the fuck they are!"

Najasho: "They are the assassination group named after 'Oarburgh,' the god of death from a legend. It was said that many assassinations throughout history holds connections to them."

Gozuki: "Because of that, those bastards are sure to send another assassin after us in order to save their pride."

Guy: (grits teeth angrily) "Oarburgh..."

Akame: "Let's go, Guy." (sad smile) "If we stay here and get ambushed, Cornelia will surely feel sad. Because she must believe that it was her fault that...everybody..." (begins to let tears out) "Because Cornelia cares about others more than anybody else here...ah...what am I saying..."

Guy: (disbelief) "Akame..."

Akira never once looked up. He thought of the blonde girl. Her laugh, her smile, her shining blue eyes that would brighten up every time she saw him. He remembered how mesmerizing they were. And now, he'll wake up, never to see them again.

And it was only just now that Akira realized how Cornelia felt about him. He hadn't given her a chance. A chance was all she wanted. He clenches his fists in anger and the group began to head out of town. Getting a considerable amount of distance away from the town, they stopped on top a grassy hill, Gozuki facing his adopted children.

Gozuki: "Because of your recent activity, many rebel spies and revolutionaries have been taken care of, but their response was more fierce than we expected. Now that we're deep in the mountains, we don't have to be worried about being found. Now take a good break. We'll get more jobs around towns soon enough. Use this time to reflect, and get your head back in the game."

Gozuki then leaves his children, leaving them to do what they needed to do to reflect. But some of them weren't sure how to reflect.

Poney: "Father told us to get our heads right. It really is hard to understand."

Najasho: (walking away) "Reflect properly. Otherwise death is the only thing waiting for you."

Poney: "Where are you going?"

Najasho: "Swinging swords. I need to train more."

Poney: (thoughts) 'Exercise better than sitting here and doing nothing...' "I'll go with you--"

Najasho: "Don't follow, Poney."

Poney: "That was over the top!"

Guy: "No matter what I do, I probably won't be able to react like them..."