I hated Blake Day and even though I said yes to going on a date with him, it was only because I had nothing better to do and nothing else to lose at this point.

I had lost my sanity a long time ago, hence why I even said yes in the first place.

"Okay, well. I have to get to my fashion class, so. Will you be okay?" She paused in front of the building. I smiled, nodding at her. "Yeah, I'm going to hang out with Reese anyways." She gave me a thumbs up.

"I love you, this could be good for you!" Were the last words she said to me as she disappeared into her lecture building. It wasn't going to be good for me. Since when was any boy good for any girl? All they do is give you one of three things; heartbreak, heartache, and orgasms if you're lucky.

I wished it were Reese I was able to go on a date with, but apparently, Reese was not dating. Reese Joseph didn't date but even if he did, he wouldn't be on the market long. Opening the cafe door, the aroma of coffee entered my soul.

I loved coffee.

Not only did it act as a meal replacement, but it gave me an energy high that I needed since my sugars weren't being replenished. Looking around the shop, it wasn't hard to quickly spot the ripped guy that was quickly becoming the new 'it' boy of ESPN.

I walked up to the table, setting my bag to the side before sliding into the chair in front of him. I cleared my throat, "Can I have your autograph?" He bolted his head up, a smile appeared on his face. "Hey sunshine," He commented to me as I laughed.

"Hey, what's got you all focused?" I asked as he points back down to his books. "I suck at English, and I need to keep my grade up." I furrowed my eyebrows. "You're smart though," I pointed out as he shrugged.

He reached for his drink before answering me. "It doesn't come as easy to me as it does for everyone else, I have to work for it." I nodded. "Because of your dad?" He cracked me a smile.

"Because of my dad and the fact that I'm dyslexic." My mouth dropped open but I quickly had to close it. "Jesus, Reese. I'm sorry if I made you feel—" He cut me off a smile on his face. "Sloane, no biggie. It's okay." He nods as I still act cautiously, still on edge.

I sat in front of him as he hyper-fixated on his book.

"What are you reading?" I ask as he peeked at me. "Romeo and Juliet," He winked as I laughed. "Oh Reese, Oh Reese, where art thou Reese?" I proclaimed to him as he chuckled.

"You're pretty good at that. Maybe you should be my English tutor." I shook my head at his words. "No way, I'm not that smart. Ask Blake, he's smart." As much as I hated to admit it, the boy did have brains.

He was top of his class and if I remember Naomi telling me, he was supposed to go to an Ivy League. "Blake has enough on his shoulders." I raised an eyebrow at that. "Like what?" I wasn't being nosy, but I was being nosy.

He let out a nervous chuckle before shrugging, "We've all got skeletons in our closets don't we?" I furrowed my eyebrows at that. "I just think I've known Blake long enough now to say that he is a good guy," He sounded like he was trying to convince himself.

Hell, if I was in that position I would have to convince myself too.

How the hell was I supposed to go through with that date? We couldn't go two minutes in the same room, alone with each other without trying to kill ourselves. "Poor guy just has a lot on his plate right now, I just think he deserves for everyone to cut him some slack. He's losing everything this year, privacy being one of the biggest things."

I could empathize with that.

I had lost my privacy too when everyone I didn't want reading my journal had read it. Some things were too personal to share with everyone and in that aspect, I felt bad for him for that.